The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old January 6, 2010, 06:57 PM   #1
iScream

My deal with Texgun

I purchased a Ruger Redhawk from Texgun last night, which he advertised as new in box. It was not new in the box but unfortunately I only looked it over with a flashlight in a BassPro parking lot. Once I got it home in better light it was very obvious the gun has been shot. The front of the cylinder is discolored from burned powder and there are powder rings inside the cylinder.

I paid over market price for a used Redhawk because I don't have enough experience with revolvers to really check one out for condition. I thought being new in box would address that concern.

-Chris

Last edited by iScream; January 8, 2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Backing off a little
Old January 6, 2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Texgun

?

IScream,
It seems that you are jumping the gun (pun) by posting trash about me on this site. You never even asked for a full or partial refund. All you have done is gripe but now, you have publicly slandered me. Are you one of those who murder characters, to kill time, and rob a man’s good name before even asking for amends?
Just ask any of the other folks here if I have been anything but pleasant to deal with.
Texgun
Old January 6, 2010, 09:29 PM   #3
iScream

We exchanged private messages several times today and I told you very clearly I'm not happy with our transaction. Your last response was to tell me I had the chance to look the gun over so good luck.

That's when I decided you deserve a negative feedback. Are you actually suggesting to me now that you believe this gun hasn't been fired other than at the factory?

-Chris
Old January 7, 2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Texgun

New Gun

I was told that the gun was unfired and I never fired it. It appeared that it was fired at the factory. If unfired in the box dosen't mean it is new, then I apologize. I didn't look to see when the gun was made.
Old January 7, 2010, 07:56 PM   #5
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Posts that have violated forum rules have been deleted.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old January 8, 2010, 09:06 PM   #6
iScream

I managed to get by the gun shop down the road from work today. They didn't have a Redhawk but they did have a couple other Rugers and a bunch of S&W. There was one gun that surprised me as to the amount of crud on it for being new, but it was probably still only a third of the stains on the gun I purchased from texgun. I hit these powder marks with Hoppes and shooters choice and they are quite persistent.

Having said all that, texgun has been in contact with me in the background trying to make things right. He really seems sincere in saying he was told the gun hadn't been fired. I still firmly believe that it has been fired outside of the factory but my belief that texgun couldn't possibly have believed what he advertised isn't nearly as firm now.

I suspect texgun will be much more careful with how he describes the condition of guns he tries to sell. I will be a lot more careful if I ever decide to buy a used gun again. I may have paid a little more than I would like for this gun but it wasn't anything extreme and it certainly isn't enough to condemn texgun.

-Chris
Old January 9, 2010, 12:39 AM   #7
Mal H
Staff

On that positive note, I think this can be closed now.
Closed Thread