The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 20, 2007, 01:12 AM   #1
Doug.38PR

In Florida: 88 year old lady, surviving 10 shots?

Wow. Anybody heard what kind of handguns. Last I heard on the news there were two different types of handguns used in the attack. Old lady got shot 10 times and is in stable condition!!! Wow. Any thoughts? (considering we are talking about 1 shot stops in another thread in here)

EDIT: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,259605,00.html
there ya go

Last edited by Doug.38PR; March 20, 2007 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Adding news article
Old March 20, 2007, 01:17 AM   #2
Rangefinder

Gonna have to supply a link if possible.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old March 20, 2007, 01:18 AM   #3
Doug.38PR

It was on FOX news all day. I'll see what I can dig up online.

EDIT: got it
Old March 20, 2007, 02:28 AM   #4
BillCA

Current news story says she was hit 3 times, not 10. Perhaps the thugs fired a total of 10 shots.

This sucks! Why would anyone shoot an 88 year old woman for cripes sake? I don't care how good of shape she's in, that's going to cause her a great deal of suffering because of her age. Maybe it's because my own mother is 84 and I'd be extremely angry with anyone who hurt her regardless of the weapon used.

I sure hope they find these SOB's and it goes hard on 'em.
Old March 20, 2007, 11:56 AM   #5
Don H

Druggies/gangbangers got the wrong house?
Old March 20, 2007, 01:00 PM   #6
Doug.38PR

and then opened fire on an old woman in bed? They ought to be drug out on the street and hung up by their heels
Old March 20, 2007, 03:25 PM   #7
markj

Quote:
Last I heard on the news there were two different types of handguns used in the attack. Old lady got shot 10 times and is in stable condition!!! Wow. Any thoughts?
I hate to say this, but shot placement is crucial. Poor lady, I would lend her any of my firearms to shoot these guys with.
Old March 20, 2007, 07:41 PM   #8
allenomics

Here's the latest; from "The Orlando Sentinel."
4:49PM, March 20, 2007
-------------------------

An 88-year-old grandmother shot five times underwent a second surgery on Tuesday at Orlando Regional Medical Center, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Yuki Nogami Harris was recovering and in stable condition, Corporal Susan Soto said Tuesday afternoon. Harris was asleep at 12:30 a.m. Monday when three gunmen snuck along the outside of her family's home on Turkey Lake Road and shot through the windows of two bedrooms, an incident report stated.

The gunfire shocked residents of the Lake Cane Hills sub-division, a low-crime neighborhood of $250,000 homes near Dr. Phillips .

Deputies initially thought 20 bullets were fired but upped the number to about 30 on Tuesday. Harris lost so much blood after being hit that paramedics initially thought she was struck 11 to 15 times in her arms, legs and torso, according to another sheriff's report.

The motive for the shooting has not been determined.

Detectives are trying to find Harris' 21-year-old grandson Yuel Nogami , who was shot early Saturday in another unexplained shooting. One explanation may be the gunmen had a dispute with Nogami fired into the darkened bedrooms thinking he was asleep in one of the beds, according to the sheriff's office.

Anyone who has seen Nogami, who is 6 feet, 3 inches tall and has shoulder-length dreadlocks, is asked to call Crimeline at 407-423-8477. He has not contacted his family since the latest shooting.
Old March 20, 2007, 10:02 PM   #9
BanginMusket

Is this for real? The old lady must be really tough. If I were her, I do not want to live.

Old March 20, 2007, 10:15 PM   #10
Don H

Quote:
I were her, I do not want to live.
Why not?