The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old January 4, 2006, 01:38 PM   #1
DanM2000

Johnnygun questions....

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Johnson LMG? I have read that they were highly respected by members of the FSSF in WWII. I have a trusted friend that says he was issued one in Korea. He was airborne, and says that he jumped with his behind enemy lines. I am pretty sure that he is the real deal. He has high praise for his Johnnygun, more accurate, and lighter than the BAR. Has anyone ever seen one for sale, or seen one outside of a museum?

Josey Wales: "I reckon not."
Old January 25, 2006, 04:50 PM   #2
DanM2000

I have done some more research on the Johnson LMG. It seems that their last combat use was during the ill fated Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba. The CIA issued the last of them to the brave counter-revolutionary forces that were later betrayed by the US.
Knowing a little about Cuban ingenuity, I would bet that some of those captured Johnson LMGs are still in service....

Josey Wales: "I reckon not."