The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 6, 2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Nine the Ranger

Marlin 336 Repair/reassembly help

I took my 336 CS out shooting today and suffered the first jam ever.

The problem was that the lever jammed with a live round in the chamber and 2 in the tube.

I managed to get everything figured out and fixed. Everything but the hammer group. I can't seem to find a diagram of the hammer group, so could someone dig one up and post it please?

Also, I noticed that a screw missing on the side of the reciever, there are 3 in a triangle shape on the left side of the reciever above the safety.

Help please?
Old February 7, 2013, 01:15 AM   #2
hoghunting

I may be mistaken, but I think the "screw" you are missing is the hole for the ejector. When you replaced the bolt, was the ejector in the track with the nub in the hole of the receiver?
Old February 7, 2013, 01:23 AM   #3
Nine the Ranger

You're right Hoghunting, I actually looked and found that I had forgotten to put the ejector back into place.

I have, and now that problem is solved.

This is the first disassembly/reassembly I've ever done on this rifle, thus the problems.