The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 25, 2012, 01:16 AM   #26
billinmiss

I wish you well, SIMP.

Hope everything goes your way! And I'll repeat some advice: "be cool".

May God bless you.

bim

BTW: what part of the state are you from?
Old December 25, 2012, 01:25 PM   #27
SIMP

Thank you Bill. I'm right in the center, Clinton.

You?
Old December 25, 2012, 02:30 PM   #28
chris in va

Re: the printing issue.

Does MS allow open carry? If so then 'printing' is a moot issue. Check state laws.
Old December 25, 2012, 04:50 PM   #29
Ghost1958

Ky has the no courthouse etc stuff too. And private buisness can put up no deadly weapons but all that can happen in a private buisness is if they see you they ask you to leave. If you do nothing happens. If you refuse then I think its a 25 dollar fine.
Old December 25, 2012, 05:07 PM   #30
Ghost1958

opps edited double post sorry
Old December 25, 2012, 05:33 PM   #31
Archer 9505

Enhanced permit vs idividual rights

OK, I'm torn here. I am pro 2nd amendment and if lived in MS I would most certainly go for the enhanced permit (based solely on what I have read here; I would of course do my own research). However, there is something that troubles me about this. I have always taken the libertarian approach to civil liberties. something like "The right to shake my fist, stops at the other guy's nose". That being said I oppose a Law that forces a private business owner to allow access to someone carrying a CCW if they would prefer to restrict access to their establishment. To me it seems as an encroachment on another citizen's freedoms. I think I would get the E permit, but respect the signs as much as possible (always, unless every establishment has a sign).
Old December 27, 2012, 06:50 AM   #32
jason_iowa

Archer for a mom and Pop store i agree with you 100%. For a corporation that set a policy nationwide I don't care so much. The only place I frequent that I disarm is my fathers office and the courthouse. I got a jury summons for Christmas for jan - mar so I may be frequenting the courthouse much more...
Old December 27, 2012, 09:03 AM   #33
SIMP

Archer, I respect your opinion on this issue. If I ever enter a "mom & pop" store and they ask me to leave due to carrying a firearm, I would most certainly comply and put up no resistance. I would respect their wishes as that's just the way I am....plus, I'd never want to be the guy who gives permit holders a bad rap if you know what I mean. However, if I do accidentally enter a "mom & pop" store with my concealed weapon, if I'm carrying correctly, they should never know it and perhaps it would avoid any hard feelings between us. But I totally see where you're coming from.
Old December 28, 2012, 02:32 AM   #34
billinmiss

Hi SIMP

I'm from Natchez but I have a good many family members in Clinton from what I've been told. I've met them at funerals, etc. but never been to their houses. They usually have a reunion up there annually from what I understand.

bim

Chris in Va: MS constitution says we do have open carry but a strange interpretation of the 'keep and bear' clause by our illustrious supreme court removed it years ago.

Too bad we don't have 9 smilies getting their asses kicked on the list.

Last edited by billinmiss; December 28, 2012 at 02:42 AM.