The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 21, 2000, 09:55 PM   #1
JNewell

I followed up on an earlier post in this forum and contacted CDQ Smart Move Corp. in New Jersey (1-800-933-9281), http://www.cdqsmartmove.com/contact.html. I asked about demo units, and got a message back from Martin Infante, who wrote me:

"The demos I have practically new and are in great shape:
One 275T w/basket for $280.00
Three 275HT w/basket for $340.00
One 275D w/basket for $360.00"

The T unit has a timer; the HT has heater and timer; the D model has digital heater and timer controls. They come with a solid side/mesh bottom basket.

I talked to him on Monday and it arrived today (Tuesday). Great service and very good pricing. (No commercial connection or kickbacks, just a very happy customer.) I'm looking forward to cleaning some things over the weekend.
Old November 22, 2000, 10:45 AM   #2
ljlcdl

JNewell - Who is the manufacturer of the units and what are the inside dimensions? Those look like good prices.

ljlc
Old November 22, 2000, 11:18 AM   #3
Morgan

I purchased a salesman's demo from CDQ about six months ago. The unit is in great shape, the price was fantastic, and the service excellent. These units are warranteed for one year, as well. I would NEVER pay full retail when these are available.

LJLC - these are Crest units. Visit the website or give them a call for more info.
Old November 23, 2000, 06:08 AM   #4
ljlc

Thanks for the information. Nice units, nice price.

ljlc
Old November 24, 2000, 02:08 PM   #5
Rinspeed

Crest is one of the more respected names in the
ultrasonic industry and their stuff is durable.
I would be interested to know how many watts
these tanks are rated at, as the prices are very
good. jeffg
Old November 24, 2000, 03:14 PM   #6
JNewell

I found the Crest specs here: http://www.crest-ultrasonics.com/trusweep.html

Be advised, though, that the basket itself is smaller than the tank size. I found that I wanted a 575 rather than a 275 for this reason -- I have other uses for the tank (just finished cleaning a carberetor body in it!). The 275 might do if all you wanted to do was handguns. The inside dimensions of the 575 basket are 10.5 x 5 x 4.5 deep.

There are all different kinds of power measurements out there and I'm not sure they're reliably comparable. The Crest spec chart on the link above shows both peak and average watts, but other manufacturers use different methods, too. I think to some extent you need to buy a reliable brand with a good field reputation rather than just buying by specs.