The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 30, 2018, 10:50 AM   #1
Poconolg

X-treme Bullets

X-treme has always had free shipping on most holiday weekends. This past Memorial day they did not, does anyone know if their free shipping is a thing of the past? I was planning to order a few thousand pistol bullets.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:07 PM   #2
FITASC

There is no such thing as "free shipping"; you're paying for it one way or another.
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 30, 2018, 03:02 PM   #3
TJB101

I was surprised as well that they didn’t run a promotion. Freedom munitions did and that is a sister company. Maybe they realize that too high of a percentage of their sales was coming from promotions only when they include free shipping... too many other options where shipping is included - Sages has bulk items that include shipping. NE reloading offers free shipping too.
Old May 30, 2018, 05:24 PM   #4
308Loader

Best promo I've gotten from them is 100 free 9mm cases with purchase of a box of 250 bullets.
Old May 30, 2018, 05:34 PM   #5
FITASC

TANSTAAFL

Memorize that............
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old May 30, 2018, 05:40 PM   #6
Nick_C_S

Evidently, their sales are brisk enough where they see no need to run promos.

They make a darn good product(s). They get plenty of my money and will get plenty more. A promo isn't going to make or break my decision to purchase. I buy 'em when I need 'em
Old May 30, 2018, 06:39 PM   #7
GlenF

What Nick_C_S said.

The 4000 9mm's by the bucket keep my UPS man in good shape.
Old May 30, 2018, 06:53 PM   #8
AVirginian

I just wait until they are 20% off at Cabela's and I get free brass.
Old May 30, 2018, 07:38 PM   #9
sparkyv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poconolg View Post
X-treme has always had free shipping on most holiday weekends. This past Memorial day they did not, does anyone know if their free shipping is a thing of the past? I was planning to order a few thousand pistol bullets.
Wait and see what happen in a couple of weeks, Poconolg. I have a feeling we'll see free shipping

My problem is that even with free shipping and 10% off, that are still higher $$$ than just a year ago! That's why I'm shooting more cast PC these days.
Old May 31, 2018, 01:51 AM   #10
kmw1954

I go along with AVirginian. Cabela's is close enough to me that shipping isn't an issue. So far I've received 600 rebated brass already just this year.

For those buying large bulk, Berry's offers Free shipping on every order over $75.00 Most boxes of 1k easily meets that minimum.

Cast bullets isn't an option for my Witness 45acp. Anything even slightly over factory spec will not chamber in this gun.

Long ago I signed up for their email notifications and as to date I have yet to receive a single one.
Old May 31, 2018, 07:12 PM   #11
Average Joe

Last time was about a month ago, free shipping shows up every so often, that's when I make my purchase, you might see it again around July 4th.
Old May 31, 2018, 07:25 PM   #12
WVsig

They got crushed over Black Friday / Cyber Monday IIRC. Lots of shipping issues. They had packaging issues etc.... I think they lost a lot of $$$ on that situation. Took more than 3 weeks for my discounted order to ship.

These days I order from RMR. They ship fast and most of the time are the same price for FMJ as Extreme is for cast.
Old June 1, 2018, 06:01 PM   #13
Tsquared

It's great when everything works with Xtreme. I have used them for years with no issues. I had a problem with my Memorial Day sale order last year. Their customer service after the sale was dismal.

I will buy Xtreme bullets from my LGS when they put them on sale. The LGS price usually mirrors the web sales and pricing within a dollar or two per thousand.
Old June 13, 2018, 01:55 AM   #14
Dead-Nuts-Zero

Wanted to order bullets this week from X-Treme, just received the following in an email from them on 6/12/18 @ 9PM...

"To all of our valued X-Treme Bullets customers:
You may have already heard or read about the recent decision to re-organize X-Treme Bullets in chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.

We would like to take this time to assure our valuable customers of the ongoing commitment to provide affordable shooting components to enthusiasts around the country.

X-Treme Bullets will continue to manufacture components, ship orders and provide the best service we possibly can.

We are still here and plan on maintaining a steady path of manufacturing cost effective copper & brass components and moving towards a positive future.

Thank you for your patience and continued patronage,
X-Treme Bullets Team"

I think I will put my ear to the ground and listen for a few days before I place my next order. Whatever troubles they may have, I hope they can work it out. Only ordered from them once and was very satisfied!
Old June 13, 2018, 08:01 AM   #15
kmw1954

Yeup, Saw this last night on another forum. Sad to hear and hope they pull thru as I like and use their products.

If you have a Cabela's nearby you can check them out as they carry X-Treme bullets and may have what you need on the shelves.