The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 13, 2018, 09:00 PM   #1
cc1965

Loading Data Program

Hi all. Not sure if anyone can help,but here goes. Last fall I came across a program download for loading data on your computer. Once installed it was very similar to castpics online. It had cast and standard loads and was searchable by caliber, by bullet weight or powder. Its database could be edited to add your own recipes when you came across one you liked. It also had a materials inventory database and multiple target designs that could be printed. I've searched this forum and can't find it and cant remember where I got it from. A few months ago my computer drive crashed and I lost everything. I remember it was a zip file I had to download and unzip. There were specific instructions for installing the main program and all the data files so they all worked properly. Does anyone know the program or have a link to download it again?
It was definitely not Quickload. I've posted this as a reply in the Loading Data thread as well. Thanks in advance for any info on this program.
Old June 14, 2018, 08:05 PM   #2
RC20

CC1065: I can't help you there but they do make low cost portable hard drives and those are great for backing up your data. I think you could copy the program and put it in a folder (your other data is usually in the Documents folders)

PM me if you want to discuss recovery/backup programs as well.

Last edited by Unclenick; June 15, 2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post
Old June 15, 2018, 12:46 PM   #3
Unclenick
Staff

cc1965,

QuickLOAD is a simulator and not a load database. It sounds to me like you had a load database that was a compilation of existing published loads. Unfortunately, I don't know whose you had. You can look up other people's load at Load Data. Sorry not to be more helpful. Perhaps someone else will know of it.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old June 15, 2018, 02:24 PM   #4
cosh

Reloaders Reference looks like the data on Castpics. RR was a database reference from various book sources. It also had addins for manuals an targets. Is it still out on the net for download? IDK
Old June 15, 2018, 08:03 PM   #5
Unclenick
Staff

You may have found it.

I try to avoid compilations as a primary reference because the folks who generate the original data periodically adjust it or sometimes change it completely (as with the 2008 warning from Alliant to stop using Blue Dot in the 41 Remington Magnum and with 125-grain bullets in the 357 Magnum, for which loads exist in a lot of data from before then). Compilations have a lot of good data in them, but you are wise to check it against a current primary source.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old June 16, 2018, 07:21 PM   #6
MoArk Willy

Any chance it was called "point blank"?
Old June 18, 2018, 01:41 PM   #7
cc1965

It was Reloaders Reference.....
And looks to still be available from sourceforge
Thank you!