The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 5, 2001, 09:53 PM   #1
bad_dad_brad

Timberline Wortac Knife

Has anyone got there hands on a new folder from Timberline called the Worac? Designed by Kelly Worden, it seems like a great design and very reasonably priced.

Appreciate any opinions, but at the price, I might just order both sizes (4" and 3" blades).
Old December 6, 2001, 10:12 AM   #2
Mort

I bought mine from Kelly. The feel in the hand is really something; it feels like a sub-hilt fighter, which it kind of is. If you've ever handled a CRKT Kasper, then you have a good idea of the heft and build quality.

There is a huge size difference between the two knives. The rounded butt of the large folder protrudes well beyond the dimensions of my largeish hand (as it is supposed to do).

Great knives. My only caveat about the Timberline version--as opposed to the Crawford custom or the Al Mar auto--is that somewhere between here and Taiwan, a very large ambidextrous thumbstud was added to the specs. It can take some practice to smoothly clear the seam of your jeans pocket with this stud.
Old December 7, 2001, 05:11 PM   #3
revolvergeek

I have the little one and like it a lot. I would prefer if the clip was on the other end though. The current clip location and the size of the thumbstuds do require a little practice to clear from a tight jeans pocket fast.

I may get the full size one too, but when i played with it at the Blade show in Atlanta it just struck me as a little too big.The small size puts the 'bulb' of the end of the handle in my palm, which feels nice and gives lots of control.
Old December 14, 2001, 01:59 AM   #4
striderteen

On the subject of knives...what knife would you recommend for self-defense combat, why, and where can I get one. A good knife is my only real option, as my college doesn't allow guns.