The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 16, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1
lamarw

Reloading Components Good News

I got home today from a short trip to find my order from Precision Delta of .45 ACP 230 gr. FMJ bullets on the porch. Upon checking my email, I had a note from Powder Valley informing me my order of 6,000 Winchester small pistol primers had been shipped.

Both orders were placed in early January.

I hope others are having similar good fortune.
Old February 16, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2
NWPilgrim

I'll know in a couple of weeks. I placed orders for primers at Brunoshooters.com, powder at PowderValley.com, bullets from Missouri Bullets and MontanaGoldBullets in the last week. They were all supposedly in stock so I expect to get shipping notices in the next 2-3 weeks.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old February 16, 2013, 08:11 PM   #3
rlc323

Wow. Bruno is sure proud of his primers. Minimum of 3000, $54 plus for Federal 100's, and a Haz mat. Ouch

Still may be better than the Gunbroker gouger prices though.

I personally hope that some of those selling .22LR on Gunboker for 5 times retail, end up using what they get stuck with for suppositories.
Old February 16, 2013, 08:16 PM   #4
hooligan1

Hey I want to brag a little, I bought 212 once fired 7mm rem mag brass, for $40.00, hows that for a deal?
Old February 16, 2013, 08:20 PM   #5
NWPilgrim

Quote:
Wow. Bruno is sure proud of his primers. Minimum of 3000, $54 plus for Federal 100's, and a Haz mat. Ouch
I bought the Wolf .223 primers which were $39/1000 and picked up 5K. I normally pay $34/1000 locally for CCI or Winchester, and the Wolf .223 are well spoken of, so it was OK by me. I have plenty of others though so not interested in the other rands going for $54/1000!

But, at least he has them. If you need them you can get them. No good dreaming about $25/1000 primers when they do not exist and likely will not for a year or more.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old February 16, 2013, 08:39 PM   #6
hounddawg

Quote:

But, at least he has them. If you need them you can get them. No good dreaming about $25/1000 primers when they do not exist and likely will not for a year or more.

saw several K Wolf's sitting on a shelf in a local mom and pop store yesterday for about that, CCI's were 37 a K. That is that particular shops normal price. Federal matches are in the mid 40's
Old February 16, 2013, 09:07 PM   #7
Hammerhead

That's good news.
Old February 16, 2013, 09:31 PM   #8
lamarw

The Winchester Powder Valley small pistol primers were $26 per thousand when I ordered. Powder valley honored their price on my order. They have now gone up to $28 per thousand; although Powder Valley has stopped taking orders. Therefore they might as well be a zillion dollars per thousand.
Old February 16, 2013, 10:07 PM   #9
serf 'rett

Orders placed 1/16 for items shown to be in stock at the time.
LP Primers came in this week from Powder Valley.
Just got email from MO Bullet they have shipped the 1K 9mm and 1K 45ACP.

My impression - the crunch is just getting started and we have a long haul ahead.