The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 1, 2005, 12:22 PM   #26
Logs

What kills me about ebay is that they only allow 10 round mags to be sold. Yet you can still find 30 round 10/22, high cap glock, and Smith mags. People will turn the mag sideways to hide the markings of how many it will hold, but you can tell when a mag is 10 inches long or better that it isn't 10 rds. One guy was selling G18 33 round mags as Glock Loooong mag and he sold several. They don't have a clue....
Old August 1, 2005, 02:47 PM   #27
crashland73

I've seen that and it is hilarious. It serves ebay right though. I have saw a lot of stuff like that been done.
Old August 1, 2005, 10:01 PM   #28
CyberSEAL

To the paypal guy, that was probably a forged email you received, not really from paypal. As a merchant, I dislike paypal because of their exorbitant fees.
Old August 9, 2005, 08:04 AM   #29
TIYAA

I recently sold an A.R.T. II scope on Ebay but it was the second time I listed. The first time I had 32 watchers and it was past 800.00 at 11 hours left they dumped me due to their firearms policy. When all was said and done I sold it the second time and took a 150.00 loss. I have had a CETME bayonet bid on and with less than 24 hrs left they booted me. I think it's just the luck of the draw sometimes when you post an item. Just my .02
Old August 9, 2005, 10:48 AM   #30
crashland73

Them bunch of dumb idiots. Why would they take off a scope? That is stupid. No offence to good ol' boys n girls that live there but kalifornia is full of a bunch of commies and tree huggers in my opinion. I dont usually say stuff such as I am about to but it would do good that ebay just colapse.
Old August 30, 2005, 08:20 AM   #31
TangoTracker

Why do you go to Ebay?

Not trying to start a flash fire or anything but why do people that come here still go there?

They hate something you believe in. We should all be sending Ebay emails telling them why we won't do business with them, not shopping there.

Just my .02
Old August 30, 2005, 09:13 AM   #32
crashland73

I am glad you brought that up. I actually have tried countless of times to reason with them. And all I got was rude replies. I sent comments, suggestons and stuff just to try to help or even make an idea of making it better or asking about gun stuff, and not just gun stuff. They all act like a bunch of commies. It has been so long since I have emailed I caint remember exactly what I wrote to them about but I dont even try with them anymore. I occationaly go there to scope out some lucky fellers that do post though.
Old July 17, 2008, 11:50 AM   #33
RetinaSue

I hate paypal and ebay as well. Why do I hate Paypal and Ebay? Because they are are a backwards company that steals the working people's hard earned money.
Old July 17, 2008, 12:05 PM   #34
Rangefinder

Well, eBay might by Commi's, but I know for sure they aren't Nazi's. I was selling a WW2 German Officer's Sabre a while back and it got yanked because you could make out the swastika on the pommel in one of theclose-up photos. So I blurred that part, and just briefly discribed what was blurred and why, so any interested party would know A) what was 'supposed' to be visible, and B) why it wasn't--and relisted. Yanked again! Why? Because I "discribed" the symbol that is on a rare, valuable piece of history that might damage someone's sensitive grasp on their own reality. Soooo third time was the charm---My discription was reduced to "Old Sword". :barf: Freaks.....

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
Old July 17, 2008, 12:31 PM   #35
Hobie

I bought a Ruger Old Army off e-bay. The guy put an orange ear plug in the barrel and they thought it was a toy. I think he did it just to thumb his nose at their stupidity. Shoots really well by the way...

Hobie
Shooting With Hobie
Old July 18, 2008, 10:16 PM   #36
mikenbarb

Funny thing

I just bought some nice 00 buck and Nosler bullets they missed.LOL, Theres some more Noslers they missed and other casings listed. I just saw some 30-30 and 30-06 live ammo sell and they never blinked an eye at it. They are soooo stupid when its not plain as day listings and people have figured out how to get around their ban on gun and firearm stuff. I was bidding on a couple old action assemblys that sold also. WOW! Now thats amazing that it wasnt caught. Gunbroker is the way to go but dont bring as much. List the stuff under something stupid and they will never see it to flag it. Its easy. Just keep the main things out of the title and break up the words with double or missed letters. Trust me, It works.
Old July 18, 2008, 10:27 PM   #37
Logs

Freaken Jerks just ended my auction for a AR15 Scope Mount. A MOUNT for crying out loud. Simple piece of metal. And good luck trying to get someone in Customer Service.
Old July 19, 2008, 07:54 AM   #38
mikenbarb

LOGS, Go into the live help on the computer. Its only a minute or so for a real person.
Old July 19, 2008, 11:30 PM   #39
daveydoo

This is what I did to get around the 10 round mag policy....pictured the mag not showing the holes, as stated above. In my ad I state bids from 10-limits states not allow by listing them. Never had trouble. But gunbroker has brought me better biz and closed my account to Ebay, no lost. closed my paypal last week, I want none of my money to go to the lib company. Hurt them the best way, by kicking them in the pockets!
Old July 20, 2008, 04:25 PM   #40
RsqVet

I dislike e-bay for anything gun related and in general find them to be less and less useful for stuff other than new shopping or very esoteric things.

That being said I don't buy my wine or my tools at K-mart, i.e. we get diffirent products at diffirent places depending on the product and outlet.

I have found e-bay to be an invaluable place to trade garbage for green even with all of their stupid fees.

Heck I sold a plastic HO scale batmobile for over 300 bucks there...
Old July 30, 2008, 12:23 AM   #41
YANKEEPOPP

Ebay threw off lots of stupid stuff, but they never seem to be wrong, we're always wrong! The stupidest thing they threw off was a pair of new blue BDU pants because I put "SWAT type, tactical cargo pants". They said they were a police uniform item - not allowed They are sold in Walmart....

Run by Nazis, policed by idiots!!!
Old August 7, 2008, 08:56 PM   #42
r.smitty

Ebay Morons

I had some 44-40 brass listed on ebay and they pulled it. When I emailed them they said it was because of the Virginia Tech shootings that they wont allow stuff like that. I then wrote back to them and said "Let me get this straight, I can sell a Samurai Sword on ebay but I can't sell empty brass?" They said "yep". IDIOTS!