The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 26, 2013, 12:00 PM   #1
336A

NEF Pardner single shot question

Hi folks I'm hoping that I can get some info on these shotguns from the memebers here. I had a one of these in 12GA about 20 years ago so I am familiar with them. It was very reliable while I owned it never giving me a problem. Some years ago I was patterning the gun preparing for turkey season, and found that that particular gun shot about 6" low at 30yds So it did not last long after that.

lately I've become interested in obtaining another one. I was wondering if any of the members here have one and if so how does it pattern for you? Also is the center of the pattern pretty much right on with the POA? Thanks in advance.
Old May 26, 2013, 07:24 PM   #2
Jkady

Both of my H&R's are point of aim guns at that kinda range, one is a pretty late model Pardner 12 and the other is a 40 year old Topper .410. The topper in particular is impressively accurate.
Old May 28, 2013, 10:07 AM   #3
PetahW

I can't help you out much, Pardner - My Pardner II carries a rifled tube for deer slugs. (It shoots right to the sight's POA) .

Old May 28, 2013, 06:18 PM   #4
jackpine

last time I had a shotgun barrel that wouldn't shoot to aim a quick rap on a oak tree made it right
Old May 30, 2013, 09:00 PM   #5
Sphawley

I have three; 12g, 20g, .410 I don't shoot them all the time but when I do they are solid guns and are pretty accurate and stay on point for me. However as many will tell you your shotgun will shoot well when it fits YOU!