The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 12, 2008, 11:20 AM   #26
Raider2000

I see also that you don't seem to have this attitude on that forum as you do here or that you must be affraid of what others will think of you when you comment the same on those forums.
Old November 12, 2008, 11:34 AM   #27
Hawg

Quote:
HH why don't you go on one of the BP forums and post a topic on how you never burned a thin or dry patch in 39 years. You can get away with this crap with these kids like Raider. You had better stick with the key board and leave the rifles to others.
I belong to several traditionl bp forums. I never said I never burned a patch. YOU said a patch would burn up in the bore, which it wont. IMHO there's a difference between a patch burning up in the bore than one with a burned place or smoldering when it hits the ground.

Quote:
HH I think you need to spend more time on the range. You have been at this 39 years and still shooting imported barrels now thats a record.
No it's not. Maybe for some big hot shot like you purport to be. I'm not a competitor. I shoot for fun and to hunt. I used to do some long range competition with cartridge rifles. It was arrogant, condescending people full of themselves like you that drove me away from that sport.

Quote:
HH you don't own this forum because you have posted a lot of very poor information on it.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black but you think what you want to.

Quote:
This is the end of my posting with you fellows.
Have a nice day now, ya hear?
Old November 12, 2008, 05:05 PM   #28
kwhi43

Target

Here one for you. 100 yd shot from bench .45 Flintlock Hawken. H&H barrel.
1-60 twist 90 grs. Goex FF .454 ball .022 Telfon patch Open sight
Old November 12, 2008, 05:09 PM   #29
Raider2000

Now that's some fine shooting there [email protected], one day I'll have my Lyman shooting like that.
Old November 12, 2008, 05:43 PM   #30
kwhi43

Thank You

I'm really not a rifle shooter. I am a pistol shooter. Yes, I shoot at Friendship.
Old November 12, 2008, 05:46 PM   #31
Hawg

If you're that good with a rifle remind me not to take you on with a pistol.
Old November 12, 2008, 06:53 PM   #32
mykeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing 40
Thank you.
Old November 12, 2008, 09:00 PM   #33
Raider2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Haggen
If you're that good with a rifle remind me not to take you on with a pistol.
I think I'd have better luck challenging him with my Bow.

Think I'd want to be on his side.
Old November 13, 2008, 07:16 AM   #34
Hoss Fly

There is a reason why there is less intrest in OUR sport.

It's Guys like you who think that since you can afford the expensive gear & can shoot as often as you do that unless others are at the same level as you they are not worth the Air that they rob from you.

Well said-- I've known Hawg fer sum time now & he do know wat he knows from practical experience ---- Not from bein able ( or wantin ) to just buy that experience or knowledge
Old November 13, 2008, 05:07 PM   #35
redwing 40

Yes buying American products made right here in the USA may cost more but they are worth it. It is amazing how many shooters in the USA pat them selves on the back while buying guns from Italy, Spain, Japan etc.
They try to convince everyone else they are real he men no frills guys by buying the off shore products. The folks who buy American are the bad guys. They buy the things real shooters can' t afford. Its too bad there was a time when all shooters paid the price for good products made in USA.
Sorry Dude it does not fly. I buy Rice, Colerain, Getz, barrels Siler Davis locks and triggers all made by Americans right here in the USA. All of these firms support my rights to keep and bear arms. Yes, the next time you pick up that Lyman or CVA proudly stamped Made in Italy or Made in Spain. Just think the guys who made these don't even have the freedom to own them.
Yes those no frills guys with all their gun knowledge never own any of that high end stuff made in the USA by Americans. That American stuff is for is for guys who buy there way in. Americans who buy American products are phoney. Well you guys are going to love your new president he thinks the same way you do.:barf:
Old November 13, 2008, 05:54 PM   #36
Hawg

Quote:
I buy Rice, Colerain, Getz, barrels Siler Davis locks and triggers all made by Americans right here in the USA.
More power to ya Bubba. I'm glad you can afford to buy top quality parts. Me, I can't. I could have at one time but I was more into centerfire rifles and original Civil War weapons. I still have two custom rifles and one original Enfield I wont ever sell but the chances of me ever being able to buy the stuff you do so glibly is decreasing more with every passing year. Some of us just have to make do with what we can get. I'm not a competition shooter and don't want to be. I just want to enjoy what I have. Nobody ever said that American stuff wasn't better. You seem to read between the lines a lot.

BTW it's nice to see you're also a man of your word.
Quote:
Old November 13, 2008, 06:14 PM   #37
Hoss Fly

Well, i'd put my 1 cent in ( i'm poor too) but since mr redwing is off spendin money & won't be back rekken i'll save my time & forum space
Old November 13, 2008, 06:30 PM   #38
Raider2000

BTW I too have American built pieces & gear, just mine have a history, been in my family for around 150 years & is worth a whole lot more than any of your new stuff, tis why I don't shoot it.

Granted I would love to buy what you have but I don't make the money that you seem to have & I don't want to wait a few extra years to enjoy the sport that I love so I make do with what I can afford to have, but wait that is also an American concept, the Right to Life, Liberty, & the Persuit of Happieness, it does not mention anywhere that any of OUR rights are only for those that can afford to have the extravagant, so if my gear that I can afford is from another country then so be it I am still supporting OUR Right to keep & Bear Arms.

BTW I didn't vote for our new elected President.
Old November 13, 2008, 06:44 PM   #39
redwing 40

This reply was to Horse Fly. No one else. Yes, I can't afford American you must be rich I don't shoot to win. Hell I have heard all this Anti-American crap before.
Go ahead and repeat this anti buy American prayer every time you heft that copy of a great American gun. Yes a Hawken Rifle made in Italy but I am a real shooter what CRAP. And by the Way I shot at the TEXAS STATE SHOOT in Brady Txs. in 07. Yes it is true all Texans are Patriots because there was Damn few off shore guns if any. You Sir are most likely one of those eastern transplants.
Old November 13, 2008, 06:49 PM   #40
mykeal

redwing 40 - please be so kind as to be a man and keep your word.
Old November 13, 2008, 07:53 PM   #41
arcticap

Greetings redwing 40,
How's every man's best friend in Texas John L. Hinnant doing?
Is he still hitting his mark there at Brady?
He's one of the kindest and most helpful gentleman from Texas that I've ever had the pleasure to meet on the internet.
What a great ambassador for Brady, the shooting sports and the NRA.
And to top it off he's a school teacher that's always willing to listen and to help explain things in a way that everyone can understand.

Last edited by arcticap; November 13, 2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old November 13, 2008, 08:10 PM   #42
Hoss Fly

This reply was to Horse Fly. No one else. Yes, I can't afford American you must be rich I don't shoot to win. Hell I have heard all this Anti-American crap before.
Go ahead and repeat this anti buy American prayer every time you heft that copy of a great American gun. Yes a Hawken Rifle made in Italy but I am a real shooter what CRAP. And by the Way I shot at the TEXAS STATE SHOOT in Brady Txs. in 07. Yes it is true all Texans are Patriots because there was Damn few off shore guns if any. You Sir are most likely one of those eastern transplants

Born & raised here ******* :barf:
Your the only one spoutin anti-American & spoutin ALL the crap
Listen to Mr mykeal

YOU MAY GO NOW
Old November 13, 2008, 08:16 PM   #43
Raider2000

I wonder how he would like it if some one was to go to his preferred sight & show his friends what kind of [email protected]#$%^&* he is.
Old November 13, 2008, 08:25 PM   #44
Hoss Fly

Interestin idea but really not worth much of a effort- I'm pretty sure any that know him already know him

Hummm- I know arcticap (whos kissin redwings - well- never mind) from nuther fourm too -----

Last edited by Hoss Fly; November 13, 2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old November 13, 2008, 08:31 PM   #45
Raider2000

Very true, & I try not to be that type of [email protected]#$%^& but it just gets under my skin when someone can be like this.
I know that mykeal frequents the muzzleloadingforum.com sight, maybe he knows this guy from there some.
Old November 14, 2008, 12:10 AM   #46
redwing 40

ARTICAP Yes I know John L. Hinnant he is a great ambassador for the State Of Texas and BP Shooting. I was supposed to meet him in San Antone last spring but spent too much time fishing with Ralph Miller in Sea Brook, Txs. Do you know Ralph and Shirley Miller Ralph has been Field Director for the NMLRA for some time.
The last time I visited with John L. was on a warm Texas night out side of Brady. The folks had a big pot of chili on a wood fire and plenty of cold beer.As you may know he is very active in the Texas Ranger Society. Johns grand father was a Capt. in the Rangers around the turn of the 19th century.

Do you know my old Border Patrol Pals down in Texas, Toney Eurban well known state and Nat'l shooter. Pat O'Sullivan retired Border Patrol and retired sheriffs Capt. I also like shooting at Electra, Txs. great bunch of guys.

Articap how do you know John L. Thanks for your post.
Old November 14, 2008, 12:22 AM   #47
redwing 40

Hoss Fly, HH,and Raider, Let me tell you some thing I have run up against many hard cases in my time. I read on another forum where you guys try to run new people off this forum. Well it is true my first post and I was attacked. Now some stupid threat about exposing me to the world. You remind me of a Mexican Border gang or that level of brain power. Threats like that in interstate commerce can be addressed. You are getting close to the line.

Now you even attack Articap for asking a question. Just keep it up and maybe you can answer some questions. Just open wide and swallow you are not running me off as you have many others. Mykeal I include you in this mess.
Old November 14, 2008, 04:46 AM   #48
Hawg

Quote:
Well it is true my first post and I was attacked.
You weren't attacked. You stated some things that aren't so and I said from the sound of it that I seriously doubt you are what you say you are.

Quote:
you are not running me off as you have many others.
Just who is it we've supposedly run off? The only one on this forum since I've been here to get his panties in a wad is you. And as for running you off you're the one that stated you weren't going to post here anymore. None of us had anything to do with that except to point out that you're still here. Still here and stirring up even more chit that wasn't even brought up by anybody but you and putting words in peoples mouths they didn't even infer let alone outright say.

Last edited by Hawg; November 14, 2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: redundancy
Old November 14, 2008, 05:09 AM   #49
Raider2000

I have 2 questions to you then Redwing 40, since you evidently are going to continue this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing 40
Now you even attack Articap for asking a question. Just keep it up and maybe you can answer some questions. Just open wide and swallow you are not running me off as you have many others. Mykeal I include you in this mess.
Where is the statements that said anything about or against Mr. Arcticap?

How come you're such an [email protected]#$%^& here but on the muzzleloadingforum.com sight you seem to be a different person & don't have the same sentiment & types of words that you seem to need to express here, or is that person some one else & you wish you were infact him?

Umm forget the first question, I just re-read the postings & see what Hoss Fly had wrote.
Sorry.

Last edited by Raider2000; November 14, 2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old November 14, 2008, 08:06 AM   #50
mykeal

Select User CP
Select Settings and Options
Select Edit Ignore List
Type the appropriate user name in the "Add a member to your list" box
Select Okay

Anyone can use it.