The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 19, 2009, 03:38 PM   #101
cedjunior

Old July 24, 2009, 01:41 AM   #102
Bill G870

The Rem 870 is a great Shotgun to build on, I had mine worked over by NightHawk Tactical (Custom) I decided on the 4 Shell Mesa Tactical shell holder to keep the weight down on the reciever for home defence and the Mesa Tactical adjustable pistol grip stock with the shock absorbtion feature.

I also went with the quick release sling swivels, one hooks to the Mesa Tac barrel clamp and the other to the GG&G quick release sling thing mounted to the stock so I can attach the sling when needed for field use or class use for training.

I also attached a Wilson Combat quad rail forend with XT rail covers and a TLR 1 Led Tactical weapons light at the 3 o clock position, this allows me to activate the light with my pointer finger to the momentary on position or the steady on position easily depending on which way I finger the switch at the back of the TLR 1 weapons light. This set up works great and keeps the weight down compaired to the SureFire light forend set up. The shotgun is well balanced set up this way for home defence or Tactical use.

Take Care All,
Bill G
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00031-20090723-2228[1].jpg (241.5 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00032-20090723-2230[1].jpg (251.2 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by Bill G870; July 24, 2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old January 11, 2010, 01:39 PM   #103
shunt311

Say hello to my BIG friend.

Mossberg 500a, ATI heatshield and tri star STEEL top folder. I will be uploading High def pics as soon as i get my UAG TACTICAL TRI-RAIL WEAVER FOREND, UTG 5-POSITION AMBIDEXTROUS FOLDING FOREGRIP and UTG Tactical Xenon Flashlight. Im not sure on the uag tri rail, i think it might conflict with my heatshield any ideas of one that wont?

Last edited by shunt311; January 11, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: better pictures
Old January 13, 2010, 01:09 AM   #104
TheTomcat

Old January 13, 2010, 10:12 PM   #105
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Nice shotguns, one and all.

However, I'd be happier if more of them showed some signs of use.

Wear marks are the coolest accessory.....
Old January 13, 2010, 10:49 PM   #106
DasFriek

Quote:
Nice shotguns, one and all.
However, I'd be happier if more of them showed some signs of use.
Wear marks are the coolest accessory.....
This is my new 500SPX which doesn't seem to have many made as info is scarce.I purchased it used but unfired,a steal at $300.
Ive had it almost 2 weeks and have 75 rounds threw it,and it will see more soon as i just made a jell insert in its butt pad,and made a separate high density foam/gel add-on pad just for the range.
My shoulder bruise lasted almost a week.

2 pics are the gun,and 2 are me trying to show some wear.I too like wear,my 1911 has lots of sexy holster wear im proud of.

Great gun,i just LOVE it.3" shells in 00buck and slugs look like darned flame throwers.And the porting on top helps with upward recoil,but does nothing for for my shoulder.

The add on at the end is a led light/laser all built in one.I bought it at Dicks for $40 and its complete crap,it fell apart within 5 shots.The laser wasn't even adjustable.So while i had it apart i filled the whole thing with silicone adhesive and aimed the laser correctly and hope it holds up.If it fails the next range session its getting trashed.Believe it or not the thing was marketed as a shotgun accessory.

Old January 14, 2010, 01:23 AM   #107
LanceOregon

I never have to pump.

And my FN SLP I has never failed to shoot.

Happiness is 8 + 1 rounds of #4 Buckshot shells. Math works out to 9 x 34 = 306 .24 caliber Buckshot.

Old January 14, 2010, 03:46 PM   #108
shunt311

Nice

Those are some nice auto loaders but I can live with 5+1 pump, Im just that good (",)
Old January 14, 2010, 08:15 PM   #109
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Das, I can run 50 slugs and buck from a standard stocked 870 without major pain. Good fit,form and technique are the keys.

As for that light, the problem with lights on a shotgun is the same as scopes. The kick destroys them fast. I tried the Mini Maglite conversion back when they were new. It took ten shots at most to turn it into history.

I recommend you put a standard stock on that thing and work with light loads for now.

Add some wear marks and you'll both be better for it...
Old January 15, 2010, 03:52 PM   #110
Y-man

Hi, good to be here...

Well, here's my baby: Mossberg 500A. It came as a PGO, and there's absolutely nowhere to buy Shotgun accessories in my country. Shotguns are legit, more or less, though most are smuggled into the country...but no accessories available or permitted. So, I cant buy a stock or sights, or optics or slings or slugs for SD/HD or any such...Not even on the underground black market (Which has mainly rusty sawn-off shotguns, and suspect 12-ga ammo for robbers...)

Neccessity, they say, is the mother (And father!) of invention,
and so: I have fabricated my own stock, my own temporary sights, my own "Foster-type" slugs: for my own need for SD/HD, hunting, target shooting...

Check these out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNx-mJJkyPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLYKJG1-W0

Well, I was lucky: a friendly co-worker went to the US recently (He is American, by the way...) he just got back and kindly got me a Bushnell Banner 4x Shotgun/ Slug gun Scope and a B-Square saddle. Its fitted now, but I'll be testing tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

See this...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Y-Man's Mossberg 500A Modified..JPG (136.8 KB, 61 views)
Old January 16, 2010, 03:47 PM   #111
MagnumWill

Here's the 590A1, with the Gp100 for a foreground spacer:

Old January 16, 2010, 04:33 PM   #112
LukeA

Quote:
Hi, good to be here...

Well, here's my baby: Mossberg 500A. It came as a PGO, and there's absolutely nowhere to buy Shotgun accessories in my country. Shotguns are legit, more or less, though most are smuggled into the country...but no accessories available or permitted. So, I cant buy a stock or sights, or optics or slings or slugs for SD/HD or any such...Not even on the underground black market (Which has mainly rusty sawn-off shotguns, and suspect 12-ga ammo for robbers...)

Neccessity, they say, is the mother (And father!) of invention,
and so: I have fabricated my own stock, my own temporary sights, my own "Foster-type" slugs: for my own need for SD/HD, hunting, target shooting...

Check these out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNx-mJJkyPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLYKJG1-W0

Well, I was lucky: a friendly co-worker went to the US recently (He is American, by the way...) he just got back and kindly got me a Bushnell Banner 4x Shotgun/ Slug gun Scope and a B-Square saddle. Its fitted now, but I'll be testing tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

See this...
Your ingenuity is impressive! You've gotten yourself excellently set up considering how little of that stuff you can buy where you live. (I remember your thread from before about making that stock)

Keep it up!
Old January 16, 2010, 06:00 PM   #113
NeroBrandt

Stevens 5100 12 gauge
Maverick 88 12 gauge
JC Higgins bolt action 16 gauge (my personal favorite)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00001.jpg (62.5 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00002.jpg (59.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00003.jpg (50.1 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by NeroBrandt; January 17, 2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old January 17, 2010, 09:17 AM   #114
SpikeDog

Here's my Tacticals:

Old January 17, 2010, 07:04 PM   #115
longcall911

My only shotty, but favorite pic. . .