The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 10, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1
NRFJR

LEE .243 factory crimp die wrong from the store.

To all just a heads up, I reasently ordered a new LEE .243 factory crimp die. When it arived I went and installed it in the press put a round in and cycled the ram it crushed the case neck down in to the case! I took it out of the press took it to the bench and removed the insides and lo and behold it was marked .243 WSSM, so if you get a factory crimp die from LEE take the insides out and make sure its marked as what you bought. Oh when you get one you cannot see the markings without pushing the insides out of the botom at least 1/4" or so then the stamping will show. Dont know if this has happened to any of you but it shure took me by suprise. Have goten many of them and never thought to look but i will from now on. Happy Reloading.