The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 19, 2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Glockgreat23

Finally satisfied with lube

I have currently in inventory or within the past year, most every conceivable lubricant and cleaner made. For one reason or another, while all them work fine, I was not satisfied for use in cz75's or 1911 length rails. So, I made my own.

4 tablespoons synthetic high temperature wheel bearing grease
1 teaspoon dexron ll transmission fluid
1/2 teaspoon mobile 1 synthetic motor oil 30w
1/2 teaspoon STP oil treatment

Mix it all up in glass container, then force it into a syringe with longish neck

This stays where you put it and for most users will last a long time. I apply two little dot like beads in the rails, then spread with an small artist paintbrush. It takes very little, is slppery , and won't go anywhere . There will be enough left on the brush to do the barrel which I heat up first, paint the barrel, then wipe it clean..taking on a slippery dry feeling. Now I'm happy!
Old February 19, 2017, 09:40 PM   #2
ShootistPRS

Sounds like a decent mix. I use a slightly different mix but I doubt it is better or worse than yours. I think most people like talking about brand names and the more expensive it is the better it is. I like remembering that I spend less for a gallon than they do for a few ounces.
Old February 19, 2017, 09:53 PM   #3
Glockgreat23

I agree and believe I've spent a small fortune looking for the magic potion. I tried the synthetic grease by itself and felt it was to thick, so I cut it after talking to a chemist and now the consistency is like a loose peanut butter. It comes out of the syringe just right