The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 13, 2021, 10:55 PM   #1
Nathan

CZ 2075 Rami

Anybody shoot one of these? How is it? Good for CCW? What holster?
Old December 13, 2021, 11:18 PM   #2
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I think they're a bit fat and uncomfortable. If I were shopping for a CZ for everyday carry, I would be looking at the CZ-75 Compact (the thumb safety version, not the decocker version).
Jeepaholic
Old December 14, 2021, 12:09 AM   #3
HighDesert

Not much difference size wise between the 75 compact and Rami, but you get more capacity and better sights. The P-01 is just as nice but with an extended dust cover and rail. Concealment wise they are about the same. So far as the thumb safety is concerned, the P-01 comes in an Omega series which can be a decocker or thumb safety. Having carried guns with thumb safety in the past, I sure like the decocker better for a carry gun. To each his own though. Both work well.
Old December 14, 2021, 01:48 AM   #4
armoredman

The CZ 2075 RAMI is a cut down version of the old CZ-40B, which itself was an offshoot of the Colt Z-40 project. It is a good, solid shooter. There was a decocker version, but it didn't sell very well. The original, (they are out of print now), is a standard safety DA/SA pistol, and I found the grip to be too short for a comfortable grip. My ex-wife thought it was excellent, and it was her gun for years. I can say that the best way I found to get a good grip was with the extended magazine, which was really nothing more than the standard compact magazine with a sleeve on it. This, of course, reduced its concealability somewhat. Holsters are available, (High Noon made some very nice ones), and it will take any standard CZ-75B/Compact/P-01 magazine. It will NOT accept any of the P-10 series magazines.
If I had to choose from the aluminum frame CZs for a carry gun, I would go right back with the CZ-75 PCR, which I always said was/is one of the best DA/SA CCW pistols ever made. But the RAMI is not a bad pistol at all.
Old December 16, 2021, 06:48 PM   #5
Moonglum

I had a RAMI .40 that I couldn't get to feed reliably even after multiple trips to Kansas City.I HAVE HEARD the problem didn't exist with the 9mm version.

It's a really clunky, heavy gun for its capacity. I would definitely choose a PCR over a Rami everytime
Old December 16, 2021, 09:25 PM   #6
sevt_chevelle

It's discontinued.

I own zero rami
I own 3 PCRs.
Old December 17, 2021, 01:59 PM   #7
Cosmodragoon

I only briefly handled the RAMI so take this for what it's worth. I tend to agree with the others here. It felt chunky and poorly distributed for what it was. I definitely prefer the P-01 and PCR, which feel good, shoot well, and are within a reasonable carry footprint.

If I have to go smaller than guns of that size, I usually drop to a lightweight revolver in a pocket holster.
Old December 19, 2021, 10:57 PM   #8
armoredman

Yes, the RAMI 40 was not a very reliable pistol. I have had two RAMIs, and my son still has my wife's, which was the very first one west of the Mississippi. He far prefers his CZ P-10S.
Old December 21, 2021, 11:52 AM   #9
BradS

I owned a Rami 9mm for a short period of time. The Rami was too thick for my hands, so it was sold.
CZ in general manufactures some very well made pistols, IMHO.
Old December 23, 2021, 06:19 PM   #10
Siggy-06

I have a Rami BD. Favorite of mine from the CZ line. While I have lighter/thinner guns for ccw, I wouldn't have an issue carrying it.
Old January 13, 2022, 10:10 PM   #11
mbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Yes, the RAMI 40 was not a very reliable pistol. I have had two RAMIs, and my son still has my wife's, which was the very first one west of the Mississippi. He far prefers his CZ P-10S.
Mine still gets EDC usage in summertime. Have always been a fan of the RAMI.

--
Mike
Old January 14, 2022, 06:58 AM   #12
Super Sneaky Steve

I own one with all the Cajun parts I could stuff into it. It's fantastic! I do make my own minimalist holsters and the thickness isn't a problem. It comes with a 10 and 14rd magazine.

If you want a small gun that feels and shoots as well as a big gun get it.
Old January 14, 2022, 03:49 PM   #13
mk70ss

Had a Rami, good gun. But the CZ75 Compact is much more shootable and a better gun IMHO.