The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 21, 2022, 11:12 PM   #1
KansasTrapper77

M&P Shield 45 4” Slide and Barrel

Does anyone know of a parts supplier or if Smith and Wesson themselves sell the M&P Shield .45 4-inch barrel and slide. I have the standard 3.3” barrel and slide which I enjoy and carry but I kinda like the idea of having a 4in barrel and slide with red dot I can pop on and carry OWB. To my understanding it came out in 2019 but I can’t find parts for it.
Old January 23, 2022, 09:48 AM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

I have the 4" Shield 45. Nice gun. I'm afraid I don't know of any place that just sells what you're looking for, though.
Old January 23, 2022, 10:24 AM   #3
TunnelRat

Did you try calling S&W themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 26, 2022, 02:14 PM   #4
KansasTrapper77

Yes, I called customer service and was told they’re not allowed to sell barrel and slide assembly’s. I’ll keep an eye out but if they’re not available I’ll just move on. I was thinki In my head it’d be a nice way to have two different configurations for one gun. But it sounds like I’d end up having to buy a complete gun to get one. And at that point I can just by a full-size handgun however I want it configured.
Old January 29, 2022, 11:14 AM   #5
BornFighting88

I am sure you’ve done your homework, but will the 4” setup fit and function on your frame set up for the 3.3” rig?? That 0.7” doesn’t seem like a lot, but that’s just short of 3/4” longer than your original slide assembly/barrel length. It may not even seat on your frame rails.

Check Gunbroker, too. Sometimes someone will sell parts on there.

Tags
m&p , shield , shield 45 , smith and wesson