The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 21, 2021, 12:28 PM   #1
swissfist

Jericho 941F

I recently acquired a military turn in jericho 941F in 9mm and I'd like some feedback on what any owners of them might have, positive or negative. I know that the design is based off the CZ 75 , which, to an extent, is based off the Browning P35. It was made in Israel , so I'm assuming it is high quality and made to last. Any feedback by the members would be appreciated. Thanks and enjoy your Sunday.
Old February 25, 2021, 02:59 AM   #2
hemiram

I have 2 9mm Jericho 941's. One is a nasty looking fullsized SAO surplus gun, in satin nickel that cosmetically has seen better days. It came with a compact recoil assembly, so I had to buy the correct one. Not a huge deal. It shoots fine. I screwed up ordering it, I wanted the DA/SA version. You should go to online and buy a new recoil spring, almost every surplus CZ/Tanfoglio/Jericho I've seen has a weakish recoil spring. My "Mossad" Tanfoglio's spring was allowing the slide to slam against the slide stop hard enough to hear it hit when it was shot. If you take apart the mags to clean them up, don't be shocked if you find spider eggs or even dead baby spiders inside them. It's happened to me, twice.

My other one was a GB score from a pawn shop. Cheap! Appeared to be unfired, it is the "Semi Compact" version and is in the black finish. I like the "wonder/nickel" finish better, it holds up very well, if taken care of at all. I have several other Tanfoglio made CZ clones and they are basically the same gun with different looks. Some parts appear identical, some are not, but the age of manufacture ranges from 1988 to 2016, so there have been changes made. Tanfoglio made many of the parts of the older Jericho and Baby Eagle guns. One positive of owning so many Tanfoglio and CZ offshoots is I have a LOT of magazines that fit all my guns. Almost all of them are Meg-Gar 16 round ones.
Old February 25, 2021, 09:42 AM   #3
swissfist

Hey, thanks for the info, its much appreciated. I have already ordered a new recoil spring and some cz 75 mags. Mine has a good amount of holster wear but otherwise appears mechanically sound with lots of character.
Old February 26, 2021, 12:17 PM   #4
dyl

I've got a hard chrome (I think) 941 F from Israel, with a cool Star of David on it. Can't understand the other symbols.

I converted mine from SAO to DA/SA with parts from Numrich's. Trigger is fine, not fantastic. From my research it is based on the Tanfoglio, which is a derivative of the CZ 75. Supposedly you can put Tanfoglio Stock 1 (or was it Stock 3) parts in it for an upgrade. But please look into it before you try it, it's been a while since I looked the information over.

A CZ 75 mec-gar mag work in mine, it's got a plastic base plate, bought it originally for a CZ75 SP-01.

My rear sight came mashed like it got hammered or dropped... from really high up. I believe I need to buy a new one, but I also remember there is a difference between old and new model rear sights.

The backstrap of the hard chromed pistol is *slick*. I put a talon grip (adhesive grip tape) on the back, need to do the front. It makes a big difference. I could do a wraparound but I remember not wanting to lose access to the innards as I might not be done cleaning it up.

I looked briefly into 41 AE, which the 941 should be able to shoot given the right barrel, recoil spring assembly, and ammo. But the brass isn't easily formed from other cases, dies, barrel, recoil spring not easy to get a hold of. So I didn't pursue it.
Old February 27, 2021, 01:47 AM   #5
veprdude

Undervalued on the 3rd party market for sure. CZ75 clones are tanks, unless there's a model specific flaw I'm unaware of.

A few years back these could be bought for $200-300. Nobody wanted a clunky all-metal gun without rails.
Old December 30, 2021, 10:53 PM   #6
RMSCDN

Pre 2007 Jericho 941 Israeli Police

Hi

I’m a little late to the party. Have a pre 2007 IWI Jericho SA police surplus handgun. Uses CZ magazines which is handy.

I upgraded to Meprolight sights which were a waste of money. I would really like to install a red dot optic. No luck finding anything.

Has anyone been able to install a dovetail optic mount? I’ve been in touch with Dawson, EGW. No luck!

Cheers

Bob
Old December 31, 2021, 08:25 AM   #7
sevt_chevelle

CZ clone these things are not.
They have little to no parts interchangeable.
If you need parts you need to look at Tanfoglio. Patriot defense is who I would start my search with.
Old January 3, 2022, 02:11 AM   #8
armoredman

Tanfoglio MADE the sides and frames of these guns, they are Tans. And the CZ is not a clone of the HP.