The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 27, 2017, 03:32 PM   #1
ajanini

National Gun Inc. Bankrupt

Hello everyone. My name is Alex and I am from Brazil.
Please forgive me if this is not the appropriate place for this post. I cannot post to "Retail Deals and Feedback".

An FFL in Doral, FL, National Gun Inc. (NGI) has gone bankrupt and I lost a couple thousand dollars in an import/export deal I was in the middle of.

There seems to be a couple dozen people ripped off here in South America (Brazil and Argentina, as far as I heard) and since we're overseas, it's hard to get information and legal help.

Anyway, if any of you know anything and can contribute with information or advice, I'd really really appreciate it.
Old June 27, 2017, 04:03 PM   #2
JoeSixpack

Well a quick google shows yelp and yellow pages both reporting locations closed.
There is 1 location not showing closed on yellow pages.. But it does not look good.. their website pulls up a blank page.. so ya it looks like this business probably tanked and went under.

Im not sure what legal recourse you have, if any

https://www.yellowpages.com/doral-fl/national-gun-inc
Old June 29, 2017, 11:52 PM   #3
KyJim

I found a bit of public information about the bankruptcy at https://www.inforuptcy.com/filings/f...tional-gun-inc. A Chapter 7 bankruptcy means the company is completely liquidating its assets rather than trying to re-organize its business.

You may file a proof of claim with the bankruptcy court. A claims form is available from the U.S. Courts website at: http://www.uscourts.gov/sites/defaul...m_b_410_16.pdf.

You may or may not be entitled to somewhat of a priority as someone who has deposited money for consumer goods (if your proposed purchase qualifies as consumer goods). Look at 11 U.S.C. 507(a)(7) which is available here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/11/507.

Even if your claim qualifies for priority, there may not be enough assets to pay any of your claim because of those with higher priorities and those which have security interests in the debtor's property. I have no particular information about this company. I am only making a general statement.

This does not constitute legal advice.
Old June 30, 2017, 12:02 AM   #4
ajanini

Thank you!
Old July 3, 2017, 10:25 PM   #5
Slotback

Good luck.
Old July 7, 2017, 09:30 PM   #6
mtmoya

Olá! Eu também perdi tempo com o pessoal da NGI, paguei e não recebi. A solução que encontrei foi entrar em contato com a operadora do meu cartão de crédito, relatei o ocorrido e pedi estono do valor pago e, para minha surpresa, fui reembolsado na íntegra. Hoje recebi um envelope do United States Bankruptcy me avisando sobre a audiência de falência da empresa. Portanto faça o mesmo que fiz e conte com a sorte. Espero ter lhe dado uma ponta de esperança. Forte abraço e bons tiros.

{Edit to add translation:

Hello! I also lost time with the staff of NGI, paid and not received. The solution I found was to contact the operator of my credit card, I reported this and asked estono the amount paid and, to my surprise, was repaid in full. Today I received an envelope from the United States Bankruptcy warning me about the audience of the company's bankruptcy. So do what I did and count on luck. I hope I have given him a glimmer of hope. Big hug and good shots.}

Last edited by Unclenick; July 7, 2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Put in translation
Old July 8, 2017, 07:20 AM   #7
ajanini

Thank you @mtmoya. I tried that, but my payment was authorized in January and the credit card operator says that after 90 days they cannot cancel the transaction. I am very happy you were able to get your money back, though!

I've also tried several bankruptcy lawyers in Florida. Most of them never got back to me. Some replied saying they could not help me and one said that their fees would cost more than what I spent in the first place.

I am now looking at my options (if any) with a local law firm.

Tags
bankrupt , national gun inc , ngi