The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old November 25, 2017, 12:09 PM   #1
lamarw

Believe to be Early 1891 Argentine Mauser

I acquried a sporterized 1891 Argentine needing considerable effort to restore it back into a decent sporterized firearm. I have replaced the barrel with a NOS barrel from Sarco. I have cut it down to 22", crowned to 11 degrees, and blued it since it came in the white. Removing the old barrel was a considerable challenge. I have drill/tapped the action and installed the base and high rise Warner rings. It has a nice Fenny walnut stock which I cleaned up and applied boiled linseed.

It has been an enjoyable learning experience. The question I have is aprroximate dating of the action and bolt which are matching serial number wise. The bolt was turned when I acquried the gun. The serial number is A0097. If you can help dating the bones of the rifle, I would appreciate it.
Old November 25, 2017, 09:18 PM   #2
dogtown tom

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old November 25, 2017, 09:59 PM   #3
lamarw

Thank You