The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 18, 2001, 05:35 AM   #1
KPS

Why...?

After installing a Chip McCormick trigger in my Systema The trigger will only pull when I use Wilson magazines.It seems to have something to do with the plastic follower.Can anyone let me in onto why this is happening?

Thanks,
Kris
Old October 18, 2001, 07:28 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

KPS, the follower would have little to do with the trigger operation since it's inside the magazine. Check to make sure the trigger isn't binding against the mag bodies. That's about the only way a mag can interfere. George
Old October 18, 2001, 10:59 AM   #3
Bottom Gun

I believe George is right. The trigger has to be binding on the magazine body. Try polishing the sides of the offending magazines and see if that makes a difference.
You may end up having to try various mags in your pistol to find some that fit the trigger stirrup properly.
Old October 18, 2001, 01:31 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

I would try to find out what part of the trigger bow is causing the problem and fix that so it works with any magazine. Or return the trigger and tell McCormick the problem. You should not have to alter mags or have some mags for one gun and some mags for others.

Jim
Old October 18, 2001, 04:43 PM   #5
C.R.Sam

I agree with Jim. Sounds like a trigger problem and not a mag problem.

Sam
Old October 18, 2001, 09:28 PM   #6
KPS

Thanks guys.I'm sure it is a trigger problem.The Wilson mags are a bit thinner than stock magazines.Weird thing is that Chip McCormick power magazines worked great with the stock trigger.Now with the new trigger they don't work.But I installed a wilson 8rd conversion kit in the 8rd power mag and it works fine.This is why I though the foloower had something to do with it.I'll replace the stock trigger and see what happens.