The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 27, 2014, 09:30 PM   #1
2tango2

Bought my first Crossbreed SuperTuck

All I can say is wow.....the hype is all that and then some. Meaning this has to be one if not the most comfortable IWB holsters I have ever owned. I also have an Old Faithful for my Shield that is not as nice to wear as the CB...even with the chunkier 9c. I bought the one for the FS M&P as I like the extra slide coverage

One of the LGS in my area began to stock Crossbreeds.....nice to see so many. 67 bucks which I think is a few bucks less than the CB website

Bought it and promptly got kitted up with it and went for a 6 mile walk with my wife. No issues at all even with it against my bare skin. Gun was hidden pretty well with just a t shirt. I'm avg size at 5'11 195 lbs

If you are trying to decide on an IWB give the CB a serious look. Absolutely awesome. I might go back tomorrow and get one for my XDm compact .45 and maybe replace the Old Faithful for my Shield

Old June 27, 2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Theohazard

Yep, they're awesome for sure. There's a reason why there are so many copies out there.
Old June 28, 2014, 09:47 PM   #3
Jay24bal

They sure are great, aren't they?

They day mine came in for my CCW, I knew I would never want another holster.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old June 28, 2014, 10:39 PM   #4
2tango2

They sure are awesome. ...in fact I bought a XD-9sc today and on Monday I'll probably go buy another Crossbreed for it
Old July 4, 2014, 05:01 PM   #5
5whiskey

Crossbreed holsters are okay... if you aren't going to sweat. Any at all. The colored holsters may do better, but I had a plain cowhide leather holster that would hold sweat and rust guns like no one's business. Not a fan of crossbreed because of this, myself.
Old July 4, 2014, 06:28 PM   #6
Johannes_Paulsen

I just bought my third Crossbreed yesterday. They are amazingly comfortable. It opened up IWB carry for me.

I have not had problems with regard to sweat (perhaps I just don't sweat that much?) but I am planning in using the new holster while biking, so I ordered the horsehide, which is supposed to be better for moisture-rich environments.
Old July 14, 2014, 12:21 AM   #7
Glockstar .40

another thumbs up for crossbreed! I have a minituck for my Kahr cm9. I got the horsehide as well and have never had a sweat issue. I recommend them to everyone that likes hybrid holsters. However, i'm thinking of trying Garrett Industries silent thunder fusion for my M&P Shield Just to mix it up a bit.
Old July 14, 2014, 04:52 PM   #8
katokahn99

I love them! Well constructed and distribute the weight very well.
Old July 25, 2014, 09:09 PM   #9
Johannes_Paulsen

I received my new horsehide Minituck for my Kahr 380 last week. It's comfortable, a bit stiffer than the regular leather, but that's what I expected.

I wasn't impressed with the "J" hook clip at all, though, it just doesn't work for me. The clip is actually too small to fit on my double leather belts, and so all it does is cause my pants to sag, even under the weight of the light 380. The regular clip works just fine, though.
Old July 30, 2014, 09:01 PM   #10
tobnpr

Quote:
Crossbreed holsters are okay... if you aren't going to sweat.
That's what I was thinking...
I wish someone would make a similar design by from some sort of synthetic material that wouldn't absorb sweat.
Here in FL- especially this time of year- spend five minutes outside and you're dripping. Blued metal, and leather, don't work well with dripping sweat.
For now, I'll stick with my cheap Uncle Mike's IWB nylon for my Kahr subcompact (all SS and composite- no blued steel). I don't like the fact that the single clip doesn't position it as securely as I'd like ("adjust" when stepping out of a vehicle is mandatory), but it's the best solution I can find.
www.biggorillagunworks.com