The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old June 5, 2014, 03:38 PM   #26
riverratt

Mcshooy Yes it was with 3 min between shots, but as i said before the new "partial fl sized" load grouped all 10 shots within a circular pattern whereas my old load has always seemed to shoot a smaller core group with random rounds landing wherever. I know 10 rounds isnt anything absolute but it gives me a starting point.

Brian i was always told setting the bullet on the rifleing will cause overpressure. Ive also herd that it can produce the best accuracy. So if i do this ill need to work up a new load but is a starting load safe with the bullet touching the rifleing or do i need to start lower?
Old June 5, 2014, 03:42 PM   #27
Bart B.

Guffey's latest error:
Quote:
Following Bart B.'s advise is not easy, he started out recommending bench rester methods, as in something they discovered a long time ago and that was full length sizing,
Wrong discipline. Go back, read it all again until you know it by heart. Then try again.

If you're gonna pseudo quote me, get it right else you'll have no credibility.

Last edited by Bart B.; June 5, 2014 at 03:48 PM.