The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 14, 2014, 08:04 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Any Burris scope guru's ???

I'm upgrading a lot of my rifle scopes right now... I purchase a lot from Midway, & I'm having trouble telling the difference between 2 models...

The Burris Predator Quest Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 42mm Adjustable Objective Ballistic Plex E1 Reticle ( which is out of stock, over due & at $299.00 for the Matte )

&

The Burris Fullfield E1 Rifle Scope 4.5-14x 42mm Adjustable Objective Ballistic Plex E1 Reticle Matte ( which is in stock & at $349.00 )

anyone know if there is any physical difference between these scopes for $50.00 more I'd like to buy the better of the 2 if there is any difference, but don't want to spend the extra money if it's exactly the same scope, but without the Predator Quest logo

any insight would be appreciated... I've tried contacting Burris, but not heard anything back yet...
Old July 14, 2014, 05:26 PM   #2
semi_problomatic

According to a Burris reply they are very close from a specification stand point. With the cheaper predator quest having a more rugged design and shipping with an ARD.

None of that makes any sense , considering the PQ is the cheaper of the two scopes.

Annnnd I know it's an old thread but I'd had the same question and this one had gone unanswered.
Old July 14, 2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Magnum Wheel Man

well... some time has passed since I posted the question... I went ahead & ordered a Predator Quest, & I did like the 1st Predator Quest enough that I bought a 2nd one...

as to how it stacks up to the Full Field ???

BTW... I bought it from the Predator Quest web sight, got it cheaper, it was in stock, & they threw in stickers, & a coyote call... & yes the scope includes an anti reflective device, which so far, I've left on the scope, & not found a reason to remove it...

... in fact, I'm thinking about a 3rd one, as it's ( IMO ) an extremely good value
Old July 16, 2014, 04:26 AM   #4
603Country

I bought a Burris FFII in 4.5-14, just to see what I could get for $300, and I was so pleased that I bought a second one. Burris makes a good scope. Maybe not quite the level of my VX3 Leupolds, but still an excellent scope at half the price of the Leupolds.