The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 18, 2013, 02:06 AM   #126
Nakanokalronin

My only gripe with the 92FS is that it dosn't have a decocker only. Having owned an Elite for quite some time, I don't care for the safety type at all. Beretta needs to bring it back, even if it's just an option on the standard 92FS.
Old February 18, 2013, 05:52 AM   #127
Pilot

Quote:
I had a 92 Inox. Beautiful pistol, but I couldn't stand to shoot it. Double action trigger pull is a serious turn off for me.
Probably for lawyer reasons, Beretta installs a pretty stiff hammer spring on their pistols. Many replace the 92's hammer spring with a lighter "D" spring. I did this mod, and it took me about five minutes, and boy does it make a huge difference. The DA pull is much, much lighter, and the SA is fantastic.
Old February 18, 2013, 07:23 PM   #128
Sarge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin

My only gripe with the 92FS is that it dosn't have a decocker only. Having owned an Elite for quite some time, I don't care for the safety type at all. Beretta needs to bring it back, even if it's just an option on the standard 92FS.
I had a really nice 92G Centurion and it ruined me for the standard version.