The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 30, 2011, 02:51 AM   #1
cheezhed

RCBS service

I just wanted to let everyone know about the great customer service I got from RCBS. I was working on my die sets in Feb 2007 and I obviously removed the expander plug from a die set. Later that day I had a heart attack and in the course of events I lost the plug. I have no memory of that day at all. I was told that my stepson came over while I was in the basement ( probably working on my equipment ) must have stuck the plug in my pants pocket. I helped him replace a headlamp assembly on his car, went out to shovel snow and had my attack. I had been looking for the thing for some time then realized I must have been lost during my medical treatment. I e-mailed RCBS as to the price for a replacement and they replaced it for free under warranty. This is something I
never expected.
Old April 30, 2011, 04:36 AM   #2
jeepster11

wow man

Sorry to hear about your heart attack hope all is well now glad to hear rcbs took care of you.
Old April 30, 2011, 07:00 AM   #3
hooligan1

Yes "heart-attack" NOT cool,,,,, RCBS IS cool! ( I had one also in November 2009)
Old April 30, 2011, 08:55 AM   #4
mbopp

RCBS sent me a decapper for an old ('77) 357 die set gratis.

And I had triple bypass surgery 16 days ago. No heart attack, I flunked a stress test and a subsequent angiogram showed 70-90% blockage.
Old April 30, 2011, 11:22 AM   #5
hooligan1

Well I'm glad they caught it in time man because they wheeled me out of my house on a gurney with full out Miocardiainfarction (heart-attack) turns out my right coronary artery was 100% clogged and the muscle in my heart wasn't getting any blood so, anyway this is a gun forum, and I love it because it cheers me up!! PS good luck with cardio rehab
Old April 30, 2011, 02:08 PM   #6
johnm1

We could all learn from your heart experiences. Each in his own way.

That said. RCBS is great to deal with. I bent my primer reamer rod and some time in the past I misplaced my .41 magnum expander die. I couldn't find the part numbers to order from their website so I called them. The guy just sent me 2 rods and the expander die under warranty. I already had the part number for the number 4 collet for a case trimmer II that was missing from a set I bought used. I didn't mention that as I'm sure he would have thrown that in as well. Too much.
Old April 30, 2011, 02:55 PM   #7
Geezerbiker

RCBS customer service is fantastic. Several years ago I bought a new RCBS rifle die set that would bend the decapping pin about every tenth round. It was getting annoying fast. I was on the Fidonet discussion group then and all the guys told me to call them.

The gal on the phone at RCBS said it was probably the part that held the decapper rod and they would send me a new one. When it came, it was a full decapping rod assembly with pin and expander ball in a new die box.

While I had her on the phone I asked about the local stores not having tapper crimp dies in 9mm and .380 auto. She told me to buy the roll crimp dies and send back mail the crimper back for exchange. I stripped the crimp die and sent it back. Again I got a full new crimp die with seater plug and locking ring in a new die box...

It's good to hear their support hasn't gone to hell like some others have...

Tony