The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 15, 2000, 09:05 PM   #1
Gopher a 45

Howdy everyone,

One of my main complaints with the USP is that there are few, if any, aftermarket accessories for it, including holsters. Does anyone here know of a belt holster for the USP 45c (OWB on the hip)? I saw some advertised in the Dillon catalog recently. Anyone had experience with it?

I also noticed that the Ajax catalog has both factory HK and (Megcar??) mags listed for the USP. Since the factory mags are so darn expensive, are these cheaper mags worth the $16.95 or do they jam a lot? Thanks.

John
Old February 16, 2000, 12:17 AM   #2
SAWBONES

Hello Gopher a 45;
Try Lou Alessi's CQC/S holster for your USP .45 Compact, if you want leather. Lou's holsters are simply the best there are. Your USP will be balanced & secure & accessible. Check R&F Hunting, a distributor, for pix (unfortunately poor) & ordering, at www.rfholsters.com.
The best Kydex alternative I've found for this gun (I have two USP .45 Compacts) is Blade Tech's Belt Holster (www.blade-tech.com). Best of luck.

------------------
"Potius sero quam nunquam."

Old February 16, 2000, 02:01 PM   #3
Arnistador

Mad Dog makes GunGlove for the USP Compact 45. I would recommend the Taylor Thunderbolt, which is a high ride belt holster (designed by Chuck Taylor) with an IDPA approved speed-cut. You have your choice between riveted or bonded holsters; either way you don't have screws to fall out of your holster (had two of my fellow students w/ BladeTechs missing screws at my last class.)

Check them out by clicking on the GunGlove link at http://www.streetpro.com