The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old September 24, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1
warningshot

M1 Carbine Question

Inland, Serial Number starts with 6300...., underwood barrel w/ the long under barrel bayonet lug, looks complete, bottom of stock looks real flat.
Iis this a late rifle?

Last edited by warningshot; September 24, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
Old September 25, 2012, 04:44 PM   #2
Chris_B

Nobody has anything to say about this?

I haven't a chance to look it up
Old September 25, 2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Baba Louie

warningshot,
Inland production shows a 6,300,xxx serial to be mfg from Aug 44 - Nov 44 (6219689 - 6449687)
link
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...ouche-markings

Flat bottom stock, not an M2 fat bottom stock. Probably re-arsenaled post war for the bayo lug (more than likely)

As to late production, sorta but more middle late than late late. Inland made 3 more batches with the last being Aug 45... but certainly yours was made within the last year of production.

Shoot it yet?
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address
Old September 25, 2012, 11:02 PM   #4
warningshot

naw, its on the rack at big 5.....7 hundred.
undecided
Old September 26, 2012, 04:10 AM   #5
Baba Louie

Probably the cheapest price you'll find in a big box store. I always ask them if they have others back in the stock room to choose from as well (never hurts to ask).

War Babies are a hoot to own and shoot. I will say that. Good for HD too f need be (I suppose, never having used mine for said purposes)
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington, January 8, 1790, First State of the Union Address