The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 6, 2016, 09:43 PM   #1
STL_KRH

Good quick open storage box for revolver?

Hi,

Trying to find a replacement lock box. Need some advice.

I was given a restored Charter Arms .38 (4 inch barrel) and decided it would fill a gap in my home defense plan sitting under the bar in my basement. I am divorced and my son is serving in the Navy..noone under 18 in the family anymore really, so that's not a major concern. Problem is its in the area where I host guests (albeit out of site and only I know where) and I want it secured but accessible. My old digital combo lockbox that I used when my son was younger is not working right and I can't fix it.

Given this situation, what would you suggest. I want something that locks it up safely, but I can access quickly and reliably if need be.
Old July 6, 2016, 10:40 PM   #2
Bill Daniel

Quick open storage

I have two Gunvaults in my bedroom. Blind finger sequence combination make fast access and hard wear keeps it in place.
All the best,
Bill

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." Theodore Roosevelt 1903