The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 12, 2018, 06:39 PM   #51
Carl the Floor Walker

I guess this this thread could go on for a whole lot longer. The Best Gun, the Best trigger etc. Lol, I would say the best is what is best for you regardless of trigger or gun. At the end of all this, I wonder how many will be the Best? And don't forget, just because a gun is popular, does not mean it is the best. I guess I need to shoot about 100 more to make the best answer. But is there really a "Best answer"?? What is better, a Blond, Brunette, or Redhead? Is there any truth in Beauty is in the eye of the Holder?
Old April 12, 2018, 07:28 PM   #52
Rangerrich99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I guess this this thread could go on for a whole lot longer. The Best Gun, the Best trigger etc. Lol, I would say the best is what is best for you regardless of trigger or gun. At the end of all this, I wonder how many will be the Best? And don't forget, just because a gun is popular, does not mean it is the best. I guess I need to shoot about 100 more to make the best answer. But is there really a "Best answer"?? What is better, a Blond, Brunette, or Redhead? Is there any truth in Beauty is in the eye of the Holder?
Definitely redheads, no question about it. It's a universal truth, like gravity.
Old April 12, 2018, 07:30 PM   #53
wahsben

I have 2 Walther P 99's. One in 9 and one in 40 and I like them very much.
Old April 13, 2018, 12:08 PM   #54
jackstrawIII

Check out:

- Walther P99AS (amazzzzzzing trigger)
- Smith and Wesson M&P series (Apex trigger takes it into a whole new league of amazing)
- H&K VP9 has a good trigger, but the gun as a whole didn't click for me

Those are the best triggers in a poly gun. In my experience.
Old April 13, 2018, 12:53 PM   #55
SPEMack618

The FN FNS and 509are good guns too. The 509 edging out the FNS in accuracy.

The Ruger SR series is really good, too.
Old April 13, 2018, 02:21 PM   #56
Nakanokalronin

Old April 13, 2018, 06:49 PM   #57
TruthTellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I'm looking for what gun is best for me and I figure I'll start with what people here are suggesting. Sounds like the Walther P99 and PPQ are worth checking out and the S&W M&P 2.

I never said that the Glock, which is the most popular still, was the best for me. I got it for many reasons and its weakest areas are still "good enough" to me.
Old April 13, 2018, 09:19 PM   #58
O4L

I will say up front I didn't read every post in this thread.

My choice would be one of the M&P line pistols, most likely the 2.0 but I wouldn't pass up a great deal on a first generation either.
Old April 15, 2018, 10:49 AM   #59
tswelsh

I just bought the H&K VP9 in 9mm. Long time 1911 shooter but I needed something with higher ammo capacity (and cheaper) for competition shooting. The VP9 comes with 3 different backstraps & sidestraps for smaller/larger hands. I have larger hands and this helps, though not perfect. Good trigger and after a rusty start, have been getting bullseyes regularly.