The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 17, 2001, 04:21 PM   #26
Lance Gothic

Brothers & Sisters at Arms,
Yes, everywhere. Behind my tie. Guardfather in my pocket protector. Velcro'd in a few places about the vehicle. Briefcase. There's always an edge handy.
Not so much a "tactical" consideration either, as much as it is a practical one. Micro-lite on the keyring...
Say, Geegee? Any contact information on Robert Mika?
Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi
Old January 18, 2001, 01:58 PM   #27
CSOs ROCK

One of any number of knives (Benchmade mini-Stryker, CRKT Sampson KISS, Kershaw-Ken Onion Speedsafe, or a Kershaw Talon) in the back right pocket.

My wallet is in the front left pocket. No nerve damage and no pickpockets.
If I'm ever in a crowded situation I just walk with my right thumb hitched in my pocket over the knife. It'd be kind of hard to get a knife lifted from your butt and not feel it, wouldn't it?

Old January 18, 2001, 05:05 PM   #28
SDforce

CSOs ROCK,

That's cuz you got a big butt!
Old January 18, 2001, 11:38 PM   #29
EQUALIZER

Everywhere that I go, my Dalton Serpant is sure to follow. Why? Well, it seems that every time I leave it at home, I end up needing it for something. It goes to church and even to a courthouse once that had a metal detector. I handed it over and picked it up on the way in.
Wouldn't have gone in with it if it still had the spring. The way it is now, its just another 3" button lock.

Best regards,

eq

BTW, I carry it in many places on my clothes depending on whether or not I'm carrying my flashlight and SIG. I don't plan on ever using the knife for a weapon, so it doesn't really matter if its always in the same place.
Old January 18, 2001, 11:51 PM   #30
CSOs ROCK

SDForce, 2nd only to yours...

What're you following me?

Old January 19, 2001, 09:57 AM   #31
geegee

Lance Gothic: The last number I have for Robert Mika (Mika's Holsters) is 608-627-1152. That number is in Readstown , WI. Call him-he's a character. Best regards, geegee.
Old January 19, 2001, 10:53 AM   #32
NAD

I carry a Benchmade in my weakside (right for me) front pocket and a Spiderco in my strong side front pocket. If you carry a gun, your main knife should be on your weak side.
Old January 19, 2001, 11:43 AM   #33
CQB1

CRKT Crawford/Kasper in my right front pocket and either a Cold Steel Vaquero Grande or a Spyderco Endura in a concealex neck sheath under my shirt (Endura for t-shirts, Vaquero Grande for everything else).

Note: In the PRK, folders, regardless of blade length, are legal so long as they are carried folded. However, any fixed blade, even the smallest ones, are totally illegal to carry concealed.
[email protected]
Old January 19, 2001, 12:53 PM   #34
D-Ray

Pocket Folders

Just to let everyone know, I carry numerous major brands of knives including Benchmade, Spyderco, Cold Steel, Columbia River, Emerson, Gerber, Buck, etc. all at super low prices. Email for any price quotes that you would like. Thanks!
Old January 19, 2001, 03:31 PM   #35
Bogie

The nasty thing about knives is that you can give 'em away so easily... Former girlfriend 1: Gerber Guardian; Former girlfriend 2: a nice little handmade skinning knife; and my father go a $70 Spyder...

Dang, that adds up...

Haven't decided what to give current girlfriend... This may be the ring one too...

Old January 20, 2001, 05:06 PM   #36
ERRainman

I have a nice little Case tri-blade that stays in the front left pocket. Depending upon what I'm wearing and where I'm going, the HK folder (yes, the German weapons co.) is either in my front right pocket or clipped behind my belt just above my right hip. If I'm in a crowd, at work, or at church it goes in the pocket. Everywhere else, behind the belt.

I miss my CRKT M-16(03?). That clip just wasn't strong enough and it came off at somebody's house (I think) and I haven't seen it since.

I'm looking into a couple of neck knives by Ken Livesay. I especially like is NRG which is non-ferrous and non-magnetic. It looks like a great companion for field and work and play.

ERRainman
Old January 20, 2001, 07:51 PM   #37
OF

Always have a Spyderco micarta-handled serrated Claypso Jr. clipped to the outside edge of the right front pocket. Sometimes there's also a CRKT large Kasper in the pants behind the right hip or in a jacket pocket.

- gabe

PS: I also always carry my wallet in the left front pocket. Super comfy and it's not going anywhere...only now all my jeans have a wallet-sized light-blue wear outline on the left side there
Old January 21, 2001, 03:30 PM   #38
EQUALIZER

Good place!

Gabe,

I also, just recently started carrying my wallet in the left front pocket. I wonder why I didn't think of it before? Its comfortable, esp while sitting/driving, more secure from loss/theft, and leaves room for knives and other odds and ends in the other pants compartments. Maybe I've never used it before because with age comes wisdom, (hopefully), and less care about fashion?..... I dunno...

Anyhow, someday, I'd like to make a fixed blade, w/radical recurve, for daily use and easy access. Some of my days are spent playing "Crocodile Hunter", and others in a suit and tie, while often going w/the rugged casual look the rest of the time. That said, I need a carry mode that is inconspicuous and yet easily assessable w/out fear of slicing open body parts and clothing upon draw. Was thinking of some type of shoulder rig. Anybody ever try it and find it very comfortable?

Best regards,

eq
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ--Originator of RKBA and first weapon. (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)
---------------------------
"Reasonable gun law?............There's No such critter!" --EQ