The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 17, 2011, 09:30 AM   #151
C0untZer0

Tex...

I guess by his logic if you put a round in your leg you're a dynamic stress virgin.

Lee Paige did a lot of things wrong leading up to him shooting himself. Having an ego that precludes having humility and respecting a very powerful tool was probably a contributing factor.

The people who scare me the most are the ones who have an answer for everything, love to debate, love to hear themself talk, love to teach other people, but bristle at being told what to do. Eager to give instruction but reluctant to seek it is a bad combination.
Old July 17, 2011, 10:32 AM   #152
rodfac

Count0.....+ one on your last comment....

The people who scare me the most are the ones who have an answer for everything, love to debate, love to hear themself talk, love to teach other people, but bristle at being told what to do. Eager to give instruction but reluctant to seek it is a bad combination.

Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old July 17, 2011, 10:46 AM   #153
brickeyee

Quote:
Eager to give instruction but reluctant to seek it is a bad combination.
You need to be aware of what you do not actually know.
Old July 17, 2011, 10:57 AM   #154
Mike Irwin
Staff

"He didn't violate the gun safety laws intentionally"

Nope, but he did violate Irwin's Rule, which is...

Don't be a frigging idiot when you're handling your guns.

Sort of a catch-all rule to cover all situations...

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old July 17, 2011, 09:19 PM   #155
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
I guess by his logic if you put a round in your leg you're a dynamic stress virgin.
I'm starting a punk band, just so I can tell people I play bass for Dynamic Stress Virgin.
Old July 18, 2011, 10:01 AM   #156
kflo01

I have the same Holster for my P95. NEVER did I think I was going to get a ND from it.If used properly I dont see how that can really happen.
Old July 18, 2011, 10:07 AM   #157
kflo01

"Nothing wrong with he Serpa. This guy is just a idiot. He doesn't know how to draw. He flips off the safety with the gun still in the holster. He engages the trigger the minute it clears the holster. I am curious as to what training he is referring to. He certainly didn't appear to have any.
__________________"

Nothing wrong with flipping the saftey off when the gun is in the holster, some guns dont even have safeties as you know but putting your fingeron the trigger that early is a no-no. That finger shouldnt be in that trigger guard until he is on getting his sight picture, sure of his target or about to fire.
Old July 18, 2011, 12:57 PM   #158
secret_agent_man

Quote:
what training he is referring to. He certainly didn't appear to have any.
Sort of what I thought. And now he's a movie star. On youtube. In a show he wrote and directed. Go figure.
Old April 26, 2012, 09:13 AM   #159
Denezin

While i am all for firearm safety i have to go with human error on this one mixed with a poor design for a 1911 pistol its self. Any design that puts a pressure safety near a pressure required release isnt safe in my book. It maybe safe but its not human proof.
Old April 26, 2012, 03:13 PM   #160
ftttu

I want to call my Blackhawk Serpa duty holster a "great holster" but I can't knowing that it is banned from some ranges, it can get fouled with snow, mud, and other debris and that if you aren't careful, can allow for an unintentional discharge. Knowing the above, I still love my holster. I can draw lightning fast and be on target when other officers are still monkeying with their holster's security mechanisms.
I won't recommend it to everyone because there are those out there who can't hold a gun without putting their finger on the trigger. Also, if they put some membrane over the trigger finger release so it won't get fouled, then great.
Old April 27, 2012, 08:36 PM   #161
badger2tony

LEO Shoot self

A LEO shot himself at my range whilst using a borrowed SERPA. Minor as gun shots go, though he was hospitalized.

I bought one for my Beretta clone, not realizing what it was.

After a little practice, back to OpticsPlanet.

Now banned at my range

Tony
Old April 28, 2012, 10:05 PM   #162
tazbigdog

Got to this rodeo late. Looks like finger was on trigger when gun went off. (frame 0:27)
Old April 28, 2012, 10:27 PM   #163
jhenry

In fact the gun is designed to go off when pressure is applied by the finger to the trigger.

And it did.
Old April 28, 2012, 11:10 PM   #164
KenW.

The Serpa is safe provided you do not use the tip of your finger; use the pad and don't curl your finger. That keeps your finger out of the trigger guard on the draw. I've been using them since they first came out. 1911 then XDs. Never had one that used a thumb button thingy. Just the trigger guard latch.

Tags
accident , derekgrebner87 , discharge , negligent , tex grebner