The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old April 11, 2014, 07:44 PM   #1
sliverslinger

feral gov.

I see the thread was shut down about what was going on in NV. What's up with that? Granted Alex Jones isn't credible but....he is not the only one reporting on this. Was this the wrong area to post about civil liberties being violated? Or are we just going to believe what the lamestream media ( controlled by the communist in chief) tells us? This land was in use by this famiy for over 120 years..the grazing rights were secured by this mans great grandfather. Now a gov. agency has moved in with a paramilitary flourish, shut down cell towers, confiscated "legally owned" weapons from citizens etc. ..etc. There are no less than 5 state militias mobilized and headed to NV for support, but this is "going nowhere" , please enlighten me . Last I knew it was illegal for the fed. gov. to own land.....nor within the BLM's mission to be "militarized". Kinda like the BS, they are doing with the IRS, and several other alphabet agencies....if I'm out of line...I will apologize and remove myself, I think it's high time we pull our collective US of A heads out of the sand and stand up!
Old April 11, 2014, 08:13 PM   #2
Sierra280

BLM leases land use to ranchers for cattle grazing (for a disgustingly low price). The cattle severely damage streams and rangeland. In this case, rangeland that is also home to an endangered species. That land (BLM lands) belong to all of us, and are for public use! Plus BLM has the right to revoke grazing rights for violations or non-payment.

Most of the old time ranchers think it's their god given right to be able to graze their cattle on public lands, it is not.

This something something in southern NV has not paid the required grazing fees (had lost in court multiple times trying to fight it) and doesn't care about the endangered species, damage to the land, or apparently the fact it's PUBLIC LAND. That and the fact he told authorities he would do 'whatever is necessary' to keep violating court orders and keep his cattle there.

Here's a link. I love how a man who is effectively stealing from the public had the nerve to call BLM parasites!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/us/nev...ttle-showdown/

BTW- the grazing fees in NV are $1.67 per head, per month! I can't even feed my dog for that! Looks to me like these ranchers are just more welfare recipients.

Last edited by Sierra280; April 11, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old April 11, 2014, 09:10 PM   #3
thallub

Quote:
Was this the wrong area to post about civil liberties being violated? Or are we just going to believe what the lamestream media ( controlled by the communist in chief) tells us?
You had to get in that political mini rant.

This rogue rancher has been stealing from US taxpayers for decades? This guy is no different from a person who commits welfare fraud: Both are thieves.
Old April 11, 2014, 10:10 PM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

1)There's no discussion here about civil liberties, only a rant.

2)We do not engage in petty name calling.

3)The fact that a thread was already closed should be a good hint.

4)There's a lot more to this story, that you've either conveniently left out or haven't bothered to find.
Closed Thread