The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 28, 2008, 11:23 AM   #1
Murdoch

CW9 Holster Advice

As the proud new owner of a Kahr CW9, I am now on the hunt for a holster. Specifically, due to a couple of dressy events coming up, a tuckable. I know I could do the IWB thing and just leave the jacket on, but I'd like the ability to shed the coat, since it's gonna be HOT for at least one of them (June Wedding, Georgia...'nuff said).

I may have an LCP in a pocket holster, if I can get one by that point, but let's assume the CW9 is it.

These are some of the options I'm considering:

Galco UDC/USA
DeSantis Tuck This
Milt Sparks Versa-max 2
Elmer McEvoy/Leather Arsenal Shirttail Special
Belly Band (Under dress shirt, over the undershirt)
One of those 5.11 or other brand holster shirts as undershirt (CW9 too big?).

So, I wanted to see what experience with any of these you all had? The CW9 is a pretty light, thin gun, and conceals well. I'd prefer behind the hip carry, as I'll be sitting for a while, and appendix could get uncomfortable.

Oh, and before anyone says it, I'm just not comfortable with the SmartCarry. I know a lot of you love the thing, but I'll stick with a holster.

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2008, 11:07 AM   #2
brentfoto

I'm soon to receive a High Noon 'Hidden Ally' TUCKABLE IWB holster and will report back soon.

Though I prefer pocket carry, I'm gonna try IWB tuckable only to see if I like it with this gun. e.g., CW9.

(Re: pocket carry. The gun is suitable in a UM#4, a DeSantis Nemesis, or a Bianchi Pocket Change (less so). If manufacturer does not designate CW9 compatibility, I've found getting any one that is compatible with the K9, etc. works fine.