The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 12, 2017, 09:14 AM   #1
Miles2014

Benelli Nova 12G

Saw a used unshot Benelli Nova 12G going for $275. Good deal? Should I.....pull the trigger (rimshot on bad pun).
Old March 12, 2017, 10:56 AM   #2
Husqvarna

hells yes
Old March 12, 2017, 01:04 PM   #3
dgludwig

Don't waste any more time. Get it now or mourn later.
Old March 12, 2017, 03:15 PM   #4
jmr40

If you like the gun, and if it has the barrel length you want that is a better than fair price. If it includes all 3 choke tubes. Those sell for about $400 new, anything under $300 is a good price used, assuming it has all the accessories. Choke tubes can get pricey and if it only comes with the one in the gun wouldn't be nearly as good a deal.

I've tried very hard to like those guns. I've owned a couple and love all the features. Until I start carrying it in the field and shooting it. Not something I can easily explain, but they just don't work for me.

Winston Churchill
Old March 12, 2017, 03:30 PM   #5
Kvon2

Did you get it?
Old March 12, 2017, 03:58 PM   #6
dgludwig

Quote:
I've tried very hard to like those guns.
I think I understand what you mean. I have had one for several years now and the subjective handling for some people might take some time to adapt to. Too, I will never get used to the subjective looks-they're shotguns in Glock drag.

But, objectively, mine has been very reliable, ultra-smooth to operate and the controls are in the right places for me. Finally, $275.00 for an unfired Benelli Nova is a fabulous price. Don't dawdle, op...