The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 3, 2013, 09:52 AM   #1
smallbear

canjar trigger

Hi I am new to this forum. I know that Canjar is not in business anymore. I have a adjustable Canjar trigger that i just took off a remmington 700 because the trigger pull was to light for a hunting rifle. The trigger is awesome on the bench, smooth and rock solid. If anyone is interested in this trigger, let me know, I am willing to trade it for a couple pounds of Varget.
Old September 3, 2013, 09:58 AM   #2
doofus47

Welcome aboard.
FYI, there is a classifieds area way at the bottom of the forums page. It will probably get you a bit more notice.
Old September 3, 2013, 12:24 PM   #3
44 AMP
Staff

Welcome to TFL!

The Canjar triggers were and still are widely regarded as some of the best replacement triggers you can get.

They were famous for their "single set" trigger. With a regular pull weight in the normal pound range, pushing the trigger forward would "set" it, reducing the pull to ounces. And if you chose not to shoot after setting the trigger, lifting the bolt handle would "unset" it, and return it to normal.

I do wonder what Canjar trigger you had that was "too light for a hunting rifle". Even the target models I have seen could be adjusted to a 3+lb pull.