The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 16, 2001, 04:39 PM   #1
Kentucky Rifle

Taurus .32 H&R Magnum Ultra Lite Snub

WOW!!
Lendringser and Tamara were right! This little snubbie just might be my favorte snub of all time. Yes, "zippy" is the correct term, guys.

Kentucky Rifle
Old November 16, 2001, 09:37 PM   #2

Sounds like you like it. I want one and have wanted one since i saw your last post on it. please tell us more about it. what would you compare its kick to?
Old November 17, 2001, 12:04 AM   #3
Kentucky Rifle

Kick??

Well, not too much different than a blowback .32ACP like a NAA Guardian. Yeah...that's close. Lendringser-would you say about like that?

KR
Old November 17, 2001, 10:43 AM   #4
RH Factor

heck...I just want KY Rifles money so I could buy some of the toys he has
Old November 17, 2001, 11:51 AM   #5
Marko Kloos

It kicks way less than a .38 Special out of an UltraLite, and a bit less than .38 out of my steel *&* 640. The porting really helps with the muzzle flip, which isn't that pronounced to begin with.

the munchkin wrangler.
Old November 17, 2001, 02:14 PM   #6
Kentucky Rifle

RH Factor...

Yes, I've been lucky in some ways. It certainly was NOT due to skill! I won a damage suit right before Ronald Reagan was elected, so I had a little money. I took this "nest egg" and put it into the stock market. I think it's no secret what happened to the stock market when Reagan took the big chair!
At the end of the Reagan administration, I was still in my 40's, however I was able to retire. I have some "medical issues", but all in all, I'm a lucky man! My wife often shakes her head in "mock ridicule" and says to friend's, "Don't mind Will...he's having his second childhood"! (I don't remember the first!)

Kentucky Rifle (I play all day!)
Old November 18, 2001, 07:20 PM   #7
Marko Kloos

Went to the gun show today to get some grips...check out my 731UL and the Jetfire with laminated silverwood grips.

One of these two is on my person at all times, no matter what I have on me as primary CCW.

the munchkin wrangler.
Old November 18, 2001, 08:38 PM   #8

KR Cool grips
Old November 18, 2001, 08:41 PM   #9

should have said.......lendringser cool grips. either way I like them.
Old November 18, 2001, 11:31 PM   #10
Songdog

lendsringer, please tell us about the revolver grips.

They look like Taurus accessories, but I have never seen that color.

Could you use an HKS speedloader with them?

Thanks!
Old November 18, 2001, 11:31 PM   #11
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

rzzlfrzzmtpplt!

Guess who still has black rubber factory grips on hers because there was only one set of those snappy grey laminated ones at the show?
Old November 19, 2001, 09:38 AM   #12
Kentucky Rifle

Now guys....

You KNOW I follow your leads, and I own both of these pistols. Is there a company that makes those Silverwood Jetfire grips? I'd very much like to buy some. (Maybe the ones for my own 731, too.)
Sheesh...They are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

KR
Old November 19, 2001, 10:40 AM   #13
Lightsped

I MUST have some of those grips for my Taurus snubbies. Can you post a Webaddress, or a phone number where I can order a set or two? How much were the grips on the snubbie?
Old November 19, 2001, 01:00 PM   #14
Kentucky Rifle

Lendringser...

I keep going back to the picture you posted. You've got me (and probably Lightsped!) chomping at the bit. Please post the name of the company and how to get in touch with them regarding how to place an order for these wonderful grips.

Don't make me come down there!!

KR
Old November 19, 2001, 01:46 PM   #15
Marko Kloos

I think those grips are made by Excalibur (Hogue doesn't offer that kind of wood in their lineup.) They are not relieved, but I was able to use my HKS speedloader just fine.

The ones for the Taurus small frame are called the "Silver Black Boot Grip", and the Jetfire ones are the "Silver Black Standard Panel with palm swell". They were around $50 each.

They carry them over at gunaccessories.com at the following link:

http://www.gunaccessories.com/Excali...rips/index.asp

the munchkin wrangler.

Last edited by Marko Kloos; November 19, 2001 at 03:11 PM.
Old November 19, 2001, 04:33 PM   #16
Kentucky Rifle

Lendringser...

Thank you very much! I just called and ordered a set for my stainless Jetfire and my new Taurus 731UL.
When you post a picture THAT beautiful, weak people's knees just turn to jelly! (I'll admit it, fine looking firearms are my weakness. I don't think I'm alone in that respect!) I'll tell my wife that I HAD to have them. It was a must! Help me! I'm fallllinggggg..... Hee, hee...

Thanks again,
Kentucky Rifle
P.S. I see that you now own a stainless Jetfire. Good show! I reloaded mine with Magsafes last night.
Old November 19, 2001, 08:11 PM   #17
Marko Kloos

Let me torture you a bit, then...so you have something to look at while you're waiting for your grips.

the munchkin wrangler.
Old November 20, 2001, 09:10 AM   #18
Kentucky Rifle

Lendringser...

It must be VERY difficult for Tam to put up with a guy with a " twisted" mind like your's. (A room-mate who has this propensity to "torture" his friends on The Firing Line. Tsk,tsk,tsk!) I hope she pops you one in the nose for being a smarta**.

Kentucky Rifle
P.S. I really do appreciate the pictures! It's the art lover in me. They truly are beautiful!
Old November 20, 2001, 08:07 PM   #19
Kentucky Rifle

TERRIBLE news!!!!

I received a terrible phone call today and it seems that the Silverwood grips I was waiting so "impatiently" for will be delayed a few days. The lady told me that they are COMPLETELY out of stock! They may be in next week, or maybe even the week after that! Oh, what WILL I do??? Lendringser will gloat and GLOAT! Ah well, that's life...hurry up and wait. Gloat away, Lendringser! I guess a little gloating is good for a guy's psyche. (Once in a while!!)

Kentucky Rifle
Old October 10, 2012, 05:30 PM   #20
cluznar

Taurus .32 Mag

So I gather the Taurus .32 Mag is worth buying and shooting? I just ask because I have read about some Taurus revolvers having problems?
Old October 10, 2012, 09:53 PM   #21
ThomasT

This thread is from 2001. No wonder I didn't know who the posters were. GD zombie threads.

Cluznar try to find one of the S&W 431PD revolvers. Mine weighs 15oz loaded and it should be a better gun than the Taurus. I paid $350 total for mine a couple of years ago.