The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 21, 2000, 10:08 PM   #1
www.abileneinfo.com

I've been watching The Firing Line Grow for some time now. Are you pleased with UBBs package. Currently we are looking at several different forums to add to our sites. Also, we are looking for a better server to host on as well. If you have any feedback, comments, or suggestion -- I would love to learn.

Thanks
Scott
Old June 22, 2000, 01:20 PM   #2
Coinneach
Staff Alumnus

Scott, UBB is a pig. No matter how much hardware you throw at it, it wants more. One would think it's written by Microsoft.
Old June 22, 2000, 03:29 PM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Coinneach said it all. We have been looking for software alternatives for several months. As for the bandwidth: TFL currently puts out about 1.3Gigabytes of text and image per day....call your web hosting provider and do the math!
Rich
Old June 22, 2000, 05:07 PM   #4
www.abileneinfo.com

Bout what I figured... I'll let you know what our search comes up with as far as a forum. I have heard of a few good things about vbulletin. If you learn anything about it or any other let me know...And Vice-Versa.

Good Luck
Scott
Old June 26, 2000, 10:29 AM   #5
FUD

This was brought up before, but I figured that I would just mention it as a reminder if you are considering new software or new features ...

Currently we know which trends we've visited because the link is a different color. Additionally, we can tell which links are new since our last visit because the color of the folder is different (red instead of yellow). But how about an icon which would let you know whether or not you posted something that that particular trend when you originally read it. For example, could be used instead of the to indicate that you posted something in that trend and if a trend that you posted to has been updated since you last visited it, could be used instead of .

... Just something to think about when considering either new features or a new product. Regards,
FUD

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited June 26, 2000).]