The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 6, 2012, 04:06 AM   #1
vikz

2 of my favorite 22lr pistols..

Hello folks just having some fun with 2 of my favorite 22lr semi auto pistol, My Beretta model 70S and GSG 1911..I lost count on how many I have shot on each pistol but I know the GSG is pushing close to 20,000 rounds in the 2 years since I bought it new, the beretta I'm not sure because my Dad gave it to me last year but he has it sometime in the 80's, the beretta eats any kind of ammo i feed it, the GSG is being picky lately maybe because I use it way too much..here is a couple of vids..I am using CCI minimags in the GSG now and its trouble free..

Old October 6, 2012, 08:00 AM   #2
PSP

Not long ago I aquired a GSG 1911 too. It's surprised me in many ways. It has been reliable, very accurate and has a pretty good trigger. So far minmags are all I've shot through it. The manual stipulates HV ammo I think.

I also have a relative of your Beretta... a model 948. Except for the tiny sights, this is always a pleasure to shoot. This gun feels very good and produces lots of smiles.

My ultimate favorite .22 though has to be a third gun I own, a Daewoo DP52. It's as hard to find as a nice Beretta 22 and made just as well. Very reliable, nice sights and accurate as they come. A great addition to any fun .22 collection.

Last edited by PSP; October 6, 2012 at 08:07 AM.