The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 4, 2018, 01:59 PM   #1
ManyMag

An exercise/rehab tool

I spent a few months hospitalized a couple of years ago and came out weak as a cat.
I researched exercise equipment for my hand and arm that would compliment rifle and handgun work and bought a Trigger Trainer.
I was skeptical but needed something.
The thing works. I did glue a set of sites on it though so I could work on my front site focus while exercising.
It's having a very positive impact with regard to muscle isolation in my hand and arm not to mention groups.
It doesn't replace dry fire or holster drills but it is a simple exercise tool to improve strength and focus.
Old November 7, 2018, 03:18 PM   #2
T. O'Heir

"...a few months hospitalized..." You have my deepest condolences. Spent a week in hospital, up here, after a heart attack and a quad by-pass, six years ago. Hospital food is friggin' horrible.
Squeezing half a rubber ball will help a whole lot for your grip. Strengthens your hand.
Old November 7, 2018, 05:05 PM   #3
mete

What I did when my hand was in a cast was to just tense up the muscles many times per day . IIRC you don' try to move the hand just tense up the muscles for about ten seconds , each time . Your rehab people should be able to explain all that.
It certainly did work ! When the cast came off the hand was back to normal In a very short time !
Old November 10, 2018, 07:25 AM   #4
bbqncigars

In the late seventies I spent a month in traction (hip), and used a Bullworker to try to stay in shape. Recently my boss used one of these to rehab after some hand surgery. Said it really helped his shooting.