The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 30, 2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Mr.XD9mm

Leather IWB Holster with Metal Clip-The GunStore?

Hello all I'm awaiting my CCW license and plan to carry my XD9mm
I know this picture below is for a glock just wanted to show this holster off.
I have seen the XD 4" 9mm on there for sale but what are your views with the metal clip. Have read some people say they have had no problems with Metal clips others prefer the Belt loop snap. What are your views on this and or have anyone of ya'll tried a holster from this place. The reviews people give this company are pretty good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FITS-GLOCK-17-22...QQcmdZViewItem 4" in a IWB holster. Found a holster on EBay that looks to be good quality
Old April 30, 2008, 10:53 PM   #2
parrothead2581

It looks an awful lot like the Don Hume H715-M W.C.: Waistband Clip-On, but more cheaply done. http://www.donhume.com/Products/Prod...m?ProductID=35

While I don't have any direct experience with the clips, many folks have good things to say about them.

High Noon Holsters, Don Hume and Bianchi all make clip on holsters. I'm sure there are many more as well. I am thinking of getting a Bianchi Professional for a J-Frame, for when I can't pocket carry. http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...TxtModelID=100

Good luck!
Old April 30, 2008, 11:32 PM   #3
Mr.XD9mm

Anyone Try the GunStore IWB- CliponHolster HD for CCW

Looking at the two of them it does compare to the Don Hume 715. Has anyone had any experience with the Gunstore on ebay or bought this particular holster for their IWB conceal carry holster? They look to be made the same except seems like 2 different people making them. Anyone ever try this holster?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FITS-GLOCK-17-22...QQcmdZViewItem
Old May 1, 2008, 08:07 PM   #4
drail

When you really need to draw your gun in a hurry the clip will usually pull off the belt and leave you holding a holstered gun. The fixed loop is the only way to go.
Old May 2, 2008, 09:22 PM   #5
ElectricHellfire

Quote:
When you really need to draw your gun in a hurry the clip will usually pull off the belt and leave you holding a holstered gun.
Not if it is properly fitted. Iv'e drawn hundreds of times from mine and none of them come off the belt.
Old May 2, 2008, 09:45 PM   #6
tacticalmedic

Don't buy it.

I have bought a holster from them on ebay. Very cheap craftmanship, broke after about 1 week. I'll never buy form them again. Get a Hiddenally form Highnoon Holsters. I've had mine for over a year with no problems. Weapon draws fine from it and it stays on my belt.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:06 PM   #7
Steady52

For what it's worth, I have a Bianchi 55L Lightnin OWB that I use with my S&W J Frame. I really like it. Nice quality leather. Just picked up a Galco Scout clip on and have been told it works well, but I can tell right away that it isn't going to be as comfortable as the OWB Bianchi.
Old May 2, 2008, 11:06 PM   #8
2cooltoolz

In that price range, I highly recommend the Bianchi Model 100 Professional. Very well made IWB holsters, never had a problem with the clip letting go and I love the high leather buffer between the gun and the body. Very comfortable.
There are several better IWB holsters out there, though, with offset mounts (best are fore and aft) for a thinner profile. I really like the tuckable models, where you can tuck your shirt tail in over the pistol. The second 2 I've pictured cost twice the Bianchi though.

Bianchi 100 Professional
Single clip, on top of gun, high back, no adjustments

Bulman Gunleather Professional Dual Clip
Nice design, fore and aft clips, slim profile, not very adjustable

My personal favorite, Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC
Fore and aft clips, very adjustable for cant and ride height, high leather back
Modular design, interchangeable clips and holster shells for
different guns. Tuckable under shirt
Old May 3, 2008, 03:27 AM   #9
DWARREN123

For good products at good prices check out;
WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM
I have ordered a few holsters from them and been very happy. Mine have the steel clip and I have not had a problem except on a very thick carry belt.