The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old September 25, 2006, 09:02 PM   #1
SpyderMan2k4

IWB at 1:30

Well, I guess the title says it. I just got an XD 45acp Service on Friday, and I'm looking for a holster. I WAS thinking about a crossbreed supertuck to wear at about 3:30, but after playing around, I think I'd like to wear it between 1 and 2. Additionally, I think something with a lot of cant would make it more comfortable... are there any holsters with more than a 15 degree cant, or is that enough to be comfortable (including while sitting). Thanks in advance...
Old September 25, 2006, 09:34 PM   #2
DonR101395

You'll want muzzle forward cant for carrying appendix. Muzzle to the rear will drive it into your hip bone and be uncomfortable. I use a straight drop comptac pro undercover. You have to call the order in though because it normally comes with a muzzle rear cant. Most any holster maker should be able to make one for you.
Old October 9, 2006, 07:31 PM   #3
alexander hamilton

i have an el cheapo nylon iwb holster with a belt clip that works great. it cost like $12 or something at a gun show and has no name on it. it absolutely will not come off of the belt without the proper method but the clip is way loose for canting. this allows me to cant it however i want to adjust for sitting or standing. i carry at 1:30 with muzzle pointing mostly down but slightly left. this allows my hk usp40c to be easily and comfortably concealed even while driving. btw, the c stands for compact but the gun really is not that compact.
Old October 10, 2006, 09:01 AM   #4
CDH

The Ken Null "GBS" IWB holster was specifically designed to carry at the 2:00 position.
The grip of the handgun is kept parallel to your belt which is exactly what you want with a holster worn in that position ("natural recess forward of hipbone" as it says on the description). Even a Commander conceals reasonable well that way.

If you go to Null's website, you'll note that the photo of the GBS holster makes it look like it has a forward rake such as you would want with a hip or 4:00 holster, but the photo is wrong (the photographer arranged it that way because HE thought that was how it was supposed to look).
Also not terribly evident in the photo is that fact that it does have the inside extension that covers the inside area of the pistol so you don't have to feel the cold steel on cool days nor sweat onto your pistol on hot days.

http://www.klnullholsters.com/

Carter