The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old October 25, 2017, 08:50 AM   #1
waynepatt

Where can I find a good reciprocity map?

Can any one tell me where I can find good reciprocity maps, the interactive kind. Tried a few sites such as usacarry was close but not exactly what I was after, then this site www.gunstocarry.com/ccw-reciprocity-map/ and that was even worse! What I am looking for is a map I can input my multiple permits into and it will spew out all the states that will accept those permits. You would think in this day and age something like that would exist! If you have any suggestions please post a reply, thanks.
Old October 25, 2017, 11:34 AM   #2
mavracer

www.handgunlaw.us

And welcome to the forum
My handguns are are for one purpose only, though...
The starter gun on the "Fat man's mad dash tactical retreat."
Old October 25, 2017, 11:35 AM   #3
Onward Allusion

You just illustrated why "H.R.38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017" needs to pass.

https://www.usacarry.com/concealed_c...city_maps.html
http://www.handgunlaw.us/LicMaps/ccwmap.php

. . . are the best two out there.
Old October 25, 2017, 12:42 PM   #4
Gary Slider

waynepatt, Use this link and only this link to go to the Create a Map Application at www.handgunlaw.us

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/CreateAMapNotice.pdf

The reason is no map no matter who produces it needs to put a lot of what is on the Notice page under their map. No Map can show all the quirks in how states honor each other. On Handgunlaw.us you can't go straight to the Create a Map Application but first you have to go thru the Notice Page that gives you all the quirks. Also the Two links at the top of the Create a Map Notice Page are very good for finding out who honors who and points out those quirks.

It would be great if one map would show it all but when it comes to firearms and carrying them across state lines you have to read and you have to read more than you want to read to know exactly what you can and can't do.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old October 25, 2017, 01:05 PM   #5
Gary Slider

I will also tell everyone who has Microsoft Windows (You have Microsoft Paint with Windows) to copy their states page map from Handgunlaw.us and save it as a GIF or JPEG and then open it in microsoft paint. It is very easy to change the states colors to accepting or not accepting your permit. You can have your own map custom made by you. You can also add more colors if you want. They are very easy to change. DO not change the size of the map. They are very simple so they don't make the state pages so huge and if you change the size of the map they can/will become very distorted.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old October 26, 2017, 08:15 PM   #6
Bob Wright

When we were vacationing I made it a practice of stopping at the state's welcome center and asking about the laws. If they didn't have an answer, they put me in contact with the state department of safety who would explain the regulations very well.

Bob Wright
Old October 28, 2017, 08:21 AM   #7
CajunBass

I have an app on my phone for "concealed carry laws." It's an android phone, but I would imagine you can get it for Iphone also.

Cost nothing.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old October 28, 2017, 08:49 AM   #8
CDR_Glock

Where can I find a good reciprocity map?

Legal Heat, App on the iPhone. It’s not expensive. Much cheaper than a night in jail, or worse, lose your firearm.

It’s updated frequently, it shows the specific restrictions, and it covers which states have important notes such as Castle Doctrine AND Duty to Inform. Some states don’t allow carry where alcohol is served, and some do. Some states don’t allow carry in a rest area restroom and some do. Yes, it’s that quirky. Some states only honor Resident only permits/licenses.

You better know the regulations and guidelines in each state. A simple map won’t tell you that. You better be up to All guidelines when you cross state lines. Unfortunately for me, sometimes I have to cross the Maryland Commie line. That could get ugly if I’m not compliant with their stupid laws.

Instagram: MuzzleblastMD