The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 13, 2016, 03:51 PM   #1
Jim Bellino

? FOR MAL H or JOHNSKA

Soooo....how would I post a link in signature box in addition to signature like in Denny and Johns posts?
Old June 13, 2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

Essentially you do it just as you would add a link to a post. Start the "Edit Signature" function as you normally wouldm then press the "Insert Link" icon (little blue ball with a chain link) and complete the entry. Initially this will create what is called a hyperlink, but the text in the middle will be the same as the link. You should then replace that text (it is automatically highlighted for deletion) with the text you want to have for the link.

For example, after pressing the Insert Link button and linking to this forum you would get the following in your signature:
[URL="http://thefiringline.com/forums/"]http://thefiringline.com/forums/[/URL]

The middle part is highlighted for you, so just start typing your text to replace it:
[URL="http://thefiringline.com/forums/"]The Firingline forums[/URL]

That will result in: The Firingline forums in your signature.
Old June 13, 2016, 07:01 PM   #3
Jim Bellino

OK MAL...NEXT?

How do I get link and signature on separate lines? When i tried to add a link it came up on the same line as the signature......patience please, I'm a slow learner....I tried to start a new line in the signature box after adding the link but it would not let me skip to a new line.

Last edited by Jim Bellino; June 13, 2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old June 13, 2016, 09:24 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

It's the same as in a post (or any word processor) - if you want to skip to a new line, you simply press the Enter key at the point where you want the first line to end.
Old June 14, 2016, 12:23 PM   #5
Jim Bellino

Thank you Mal....I did not know this function of the ENTER key and could not figure out how to skip to a new line when preforming any function Computer illiterate I think it's called!