The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old July 25, 2009, 09:53 PM   #1
maustypsu

Political Philosophy - No Dems or Reps

I have a political philosophy - read my signature for a hint. But it seems like most of America doesn't. OK, very general swipes here but this isn't a 500 page dissertation.

Why do we say Republicans believe in small government when they support corporate welfare but not social welfare. The Democrats are the exact opposite. Basically, both steal from me and give to someone who didn't earn it. One gives to companies, the other to individuals. Either way, my daughter will not attend an Ivy League college because the Dems force me to pay for someone elses health care and the Reps force me to pay to keep a defunk business out of bankruptcy.

Personally, I vote Libertarian. I respect others' rights to their opinions. I'm wondering why you vote differently. What is your philosophy?

Not interested in "I don't vote Libertarian because they can't win." or any other 'lesser of two evils' type comment. I'm curious what PHILOSOPHY drives decisions to vote Dem or Rep.
Old July 25, 2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

maustypsu, if you have read the rules for this particular forum, you might note that purely political threads are off topic. The old Legal and Political forum of TFL was closed, because people couldn't act in a civil manner when discussing politics.

Therefore, threads discussing pure poltics are now (pretty much) off limits.

Closed.
Closed Thread