The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 9, 2009, 02:34 PM   #26
MatBananas717

Quote:
I just added some info to "Sniper". We did the work on the two 700's used in that movie.
Thanks!
Old February 9, 2009, 03:50 PM   #27
SPUSCG

i havent done much on movies, ive mainly done tv and most anonymous, im k9870 over there and created the criminal minds page. id add photos but dont know how
Old February 9, 2009, 04:04 PM   #28
Playboypenguin

Here are some from one of my favorite shows...

...The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I would love to someday own one of the guns used in this show.

Beretta 92FS

Glock 17

S&W 4506

cont. next post

Last edited by Playboypenguin; February 9, 2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old February 9, 2009, 04:11 PM   #29
Playboypenguin

cont. from previous post...

Ruger P90

And now a few from my favorite show...Battlestar Galactica.

FN Five-SeveN

Beretta CX-4 Storm

Cont. next post.
Old February 9, 2009, 04:13 PM   #30
Playboypenguin

Cont. from previous post...

COP 357 Derringer

Vektor CP1

Old February 9, 2009, 04:17 PM   #31
MatBananas717

Playboypenguin,

With the exception of the Five-Seven you posted, none of those are the exact same firearms from the particular TV shows you listed. Those are just general images that our armorer took for us to represent guns that are commonly used. All of those guns images appear on many, many pages.

What is so special about the gun pictures I posted earlier is that they are (mostly) the exact same guns used by particular actors. For instance, the Star Model B from "Pulp Fiction" I posted isn't just one that looks like Samuel L. Jackson's gun from that movie - it is a picture of quite literally the exact same firearm that was handled by Jackson in the film. Whereas the picture of the Beretta 92FS you posted is not the same gun that was used by Lena Headey in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
Old February 9, 2009, 04:23 PM   #32
Playboypenguin

MatBananas717,

If you notice I included pics from the actual shows that show the guns. What is "so special" about putting a still image of the gun along with the screen capture?

I also hate to break it to you, but a lot of the pics you posted are just stock pics from the same website. Unless someone is going to checkk serial numbers there is no way of knowing they are the same ones and not just similar models.

If you do not want others to participate in your thread maybe you should just post it and then request it be closed.
Old February 9, 2009, 04:41 PM   #33
MatBananas717

First of all, I'm not sure where the hostility came from. I just wanted to make sure you understood that the guns I posted are ones used by specific actors, as opposed to what we call "general" images. Your post just left me confused about this, so I figured I should help out if you misunderstood my intentions in starting the thread.

Quote:
I also hate to break it to you, but a lot of the pics you posted are just stock pics from the same website. Unless someone is going to checkk serial numbers there is no way of knowing they are the same ones and not just similar models.
We use some of them as stock pictures now, but I can assure you that my guy is a professional armorer and that he knows the same armorers who worked on these movies, which is why he's able to take pictures. I am not sure I follow your point.

Quote:
If you do not want others to participate in your thread maybe you should just post it and then request it be closed.
I don't understand your problem. I am just clarifying something because I wasn't sure if you misunderstood me or not. Chill out. You sound like you hate life.
Old February 9, 2009, 04:51 PM   #34
Creature

Oh no...Playboypenguin is having another Mas Ayoob moment.
Old February 9, 2009, 04:55 PM   #35
Playboypenguin

Quote:
I don't understand your problem. I am just clarifying something because I wasn't sure if you misunderstood me or not. Chill out. You sound like you hate life.
I understood you original post. I added pics from the same sight you are promoting of some of the guns I would love to get my hands on someday.

You need to be rude and try to act like anyone else's addition the the thread was somehow not significant is pretty lame. I know you are new here, but the fun of a thread is seeing where it goes and what others add to it. If you just want to post soliloquies, this is probably not the best place.
Old February 9, 2009, 05:00 PM   #36
MatBananas717

Quote:
Oh no...Playboypenguin is having another Mas Ayoob moment.
?????????

Quote:
You need to be rude and try to act like anyone else's addition the the thread was somehow not significant is pretty lame.
I didn't say that your contribution wasn't "significant". I was just worried that you were confusing the "hero" guns I posted with the gun pictures on "The Sarah Connor Chronicles", which don't represent the exact same guns used in the show (same make/model, but not same prop/serial #). I was worried other people might get confused, too.

I think you really just need to chill. Your response was entirely uncalled-for.
Old February 9, 2009, 05:08 PM   #37
MatBananas717

Anyway, I think that this is not productive, so we should probably move along now.
Old February 9, 2009, 05:09 PM   #38
Playboypenguin

Quote:
What is so special about the gun pictures I posted earlier is that they are (mostly) the exact same guns used by particular actors. For instance, the Star Model B from "Pulp Fiction" I posted isn't just one that looks like Samuel L. Jackson's gun from that movie - it is a picture of quite literally the exact same firearm that was handled by Jackson in the film. Whereas the picture of the Beretta 92FS you posted is not the same gun that was used by Lena Headey in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles".
What is so "special" about pics of gun pilled from the internet? Unless you own these guns yourself anyone could post the same pics. Anyone on here can look up the images and add pics of guns they like from the movies and would love to get their hands on. Or are we all supposed to just sit back and eww and ahh at the pics you post and not add our own contributions?

Unless others participate in your thread and add their own contributions you thread will die very quickly. I must admit you are the first person I have ever ran into on here that felt the need to try and make sure people understood how much more important their post was than anything others could add. You might want to ask yourself if that might be the reason your forum only has 25 members.

Last edited by Playboypenguin; February 9, 2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old February 9, 2009, 09:35 PM   #39
Creature

Seems every but you was enjoying this thread...

you wrote:
Quote:
What is so "special" about pics of gun pilled from the internet? Unless you own these guns yourself anyone could post the same pics. Anyone on here can look up the images and add pics of guns they like from the movies and would love to get their hands on. Or are we all supposed to just sit back and eww and ahh at the pics you post and not add our own contributions?
From the first post:
Quote:
Recently, our armorer took some photographs of many guns used in movies by famous actors for us after visiting some of his fellow armorers.

These are all real guns converted to blank-fire. He's been taking pictures of movie guns for us for quite some time, but it's only been recently that he started taking pictures of guns that he knows were used in specific movies by specific actors.

Last edited by Creature; February 9, 2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old February 10, 2009, 01:36 AM   #40
goodspeed(TPF)

Geez. This was fun at one point.

http://www.thepiratefleet.com/index.shtml
Old February 10, 2009, 02:47 PM   #41
MatBananas717

Quote:
Geez. This was fun at one point.
Just because the Penguin has anger issues and chooses to be obnoxious doesn't mean we can't still discuss these...
Old February 10, 2009, 05:07 PM   #42
Creature

<car passes> "Game back on!"
Old January 5, 2010, 02:25 AM   #43
BurgernFries2Go

Get photos of the firearms from "Supernatural" TV Show!

Hey,

Can you post some photos of the chrome colt 1911 with the pearl handles that actor Jensen Ackles who plays Dean Winchester in the hit CW series "Supernatural". He and his brother also carry a mean sawed-off shot gun for you to get as well if you can. There are thousands and thousands of fans out there of that show who would love to see something like that.

Cool gun photos you already have up, very interesting to see all of those.
Old January 5, 2010, 03:18 PM   #44
twhidd

Now I just realized how old this thread is.

Last edited by twhidd; January 6, 2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Because the thread was old
Old January 6, 2010, 06:36 PM   #45
zenner22

Sure it's dredging up an old thread that somehow took a bad turn, but I would love to see some actual prop guns used in movies.