The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 11, 2005, 11:47 AM   #1
SunBear

"SECURE" holsters and protective vests

Regarding the shooting today in the Fulton Co. courtroom: I'd be interested to know if those pistols were snatched from "SECURE" holsters and if the judge and deputies were wearing protective vests, if that info comes out in the next week or so. My sincere appreciation and prayers for those who have to deal with these scum everyday and their families.

A lot of LEOs are going to want to know if those vests failed and, if so, what brand they were wearing. Knowledge is power.

Many ILLEGAL aliens are murderers, rapists, and child molesters spreading AIDS, tuberculosis and a host of other diseases all over our country. Some are TERRORISTS.

Half fast training WILL get you killed.
Old March 11, 2005, 02:06 PM   #2
USP45usp

Most likely (just guessing) that the holsters were retained by a snap and that they didn't have vests due to the courthouse is a "gun free zone" except for the LEO's so they were under a false sense of security.

I don't understand why a violent felon wasn't in cuffs or leg irons. Here (they do traffic court and felon court in the same courtrooms sometimes) the criminals are handcuffed if non-violent and shackled if violent.

Wayne
Old March 11, 2005, 05:44 PM   #3
SunBear

As more info is coming in it appears that several of the victims were shot in the head at close range which, of course takes the vest out of the equation.

Your comments about restraining him are well-founded though. He was caught, only a few days ago, trying to smuggle a crude knife into a courtroom, yet they paired him (unrestrained) with ONE small stature guard.

Maybe I should have posted this under General Discusson.

Many ILLEGAL aliens are murderers, rapists, and child molesters spreading AIDS, tuberculosis and a host of other diseases all over our country. Some are TERRORISTS.

Half fast training WILL get you killed.
Old March 11, 2005, 06:14 PM   #4
USP45usp

Sunbear,

Have one of the Mods move it. There may be another one there, ask them to merge it .

Wayne