The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 20, 2022, 12:00 AM   #26
chris in va

I have a Citadel (RIA), anyone notice how poorly the barrel grooves are cut? Mine has crazy chatter marks compared to my (RIP) 97b.
Old July 20, 2022, 03:43 AM   #27
stagpanther

Quote:
Too bad it does not work well, but that is not the reason.
The rail and sight don't recoil, the "half slide" moves under the rail.
My Nelson Conversion operates reliably that way but cost more.
The biggest issue, besides the goober-fitting of the slide to frame, is that residue accumulation will defeat cycling and ejection, resulting in failures to extract--eject and jamming the next cartridge. My first pistol went back for horrific tooling gouges in the barrel and other parts, this pistol was the second go and it kinda sorta works with an occassional jam for a few magazines before malfunctioning constantly. Rimfire ammo leaves a lot of residue behind which accumulates quickly and IMO is a major contributor to the malfunctioning of the delicate parts. An expensive paperweight as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by stagpanther; July 20, 2022 at 03:49 AM.
Old July 20, 2022, 04:29 AM   #28
jetinteriorguy

Ah, I figured the usual 22RF filth would play in to this. Interesting that the rail is not connected to the slide.
Old July 21, 2022, 07:24 AM   #29
stagpanther

It's also possible the non-standard length of the 22WMR has something to do with it.