The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 18, 2019, 04:14 PM   #1
Nathan

Redding Dies vs....

I’m interested in trying a Redding die set in one of my rifle rounds I think these would be ideally used to make ammo for my 223 wylde chambered AR or to replace my 300 WSM Forester die set that is loaded semi-progressively, but will likely move to single stage soon with my new press. I neck turn the 300 WSM.

The 223 Wylde has an accuracy target of 5 shots at 100 yds under 0.5”. I use separated cases that only run through this rifle.

The 300 WSM uses neck turned Winchester brass that will be changed to Lapua to try that after I get to that point.

I guess my question is what could I do better with either of these rounds? What does Redding do better than other brands?
Old April 18, 2019, 07:42 PM   #2
RC20

Nathan:

Extensive discussion here on all dies and you can pick out the Redding from Unclenick post in the group that is as good as information and comparison as anyone can possibly give you.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=601735
Old April 18, 2019, 08:11 PM   #3
Sequins

Redding is simply the best of the dies and provides as little as 0 run out on all dimensions of the cartridge- put in perfect brass & bullets, get out perfect ammunition. I'm a huge proponent of Redding.

I just got the competition pro dies and will be neck sizing by .001 on lapua 223 brass, having previously used similar Redding sets for handgun brass. They're exceptional as expected.

Buy once cry once!